Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 AM

Default Not able to change buffer size? "picture"

For some reason I don't have the option to change my buffer size anymore. I used to have! Does anyone have a clue what happened? I tried changing the buffer size on my hardware program for Profire 610 before starting protools, but it pops right back into the 64 samples that Protools has as default. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)
"picture of my problem"
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...tos/Buffer.jpg
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Not able to change buffer size? "picture"

Does no one have a clue? i'm crying here. just reinstalled protools... didnt help.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Avid

Difficult to say for sure without more info - see the Help Us Help You thread for details about what we need to know.

My first inclination is to make sure that you don't have your 610 selected in your Sounds and Audio Devices panel. It's likely that some other app or background service is locking in the sample rate.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:34 PM

OK problem solved. I had recently sold my PCI soundblaster sound card... so the only sound device was the Profire 610.
I opened my BIOS and enabled my onboard soundcard, and bingo. Buffer size was again changable.

It does not matter if it's the Profire or the onboard soundcard is set as default sound card.

really weird.

Anyway.. it works again :)