Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2019, 04:46 AM

Default New Control app - android restrictions?

Hi,

Has there been any information on what version of android the overhauled control app will need? My biggest gripe with android is you tend to fall off the support list a lost quicker than ios.
Also, will the dock work with an android tablet or just the S1?
Thanks
Old 11-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: New Control app - android restrictions?

The new Avid Control will completely replace the old PTC App, so yes it will work with the Dock. I'm pretty sure it will work with version 5 on. The Amazon Fire I have is based of 5.6 i think and it works great. The main thing to think about is performance....the faster the tablet the better the experience when you have a lot of tracks, but again I'm really surprised at how well a low end tablet like the Amazon Fire 10 works.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:45 AM

Thanks Eddie, looking to replace my old iPad mini for one of the 10" androids so was keeping an eye out on the Black Friday deals, most are Android 9 so thats plenty of redundancy for me

Really surprised you have it working on the Fire tablets, I always thought of the Fire OS as very restricted compared to the Play store so fair play for getting it working on something as affordable as those (unless you've sideloaded it in which case still good to know its working ok on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The new Avid Control will completely replace the old PTC App, so yes it will work with the Dock. I'm pretty sure it will work with version 5 on. The Amazon Fire I have is based of 5.6 i think and it works great. The main thing to think about is performance....the faster the tablet the better the experience when you have a lot of tracks, but again I'm really surprised at how well a low end tablet like the Amazon Fire 10 works.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:41 AM
Avid

The newer Amazon devices are actually not bad especially for the money $99 at the moment. The App will be in the Amazon Store no need to sideload. Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab A...usually some good offers on it.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The newer Amazon devices are actually not bad especially for the money $99 at the moment. The App will be in the Amazon Store no need to sideload. Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab A...usually some good offers on it.
The Tab A was actually the one I was looking at but good to know its on the Amazon platform officially too, seems like a lot of apps tend to sidestep it
Thanks