Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 AM

Default sound replacer/beta91 help

hi everyone i was just wondering if anyone is using sound replacer and the shure beta 91 on the kick drum? im getting pretty good results and avoiding as much bleed as possible by not pushing the gain but was wondering if anyone had had a sure fire way so that sound replacer would work almost perfect everytime. i know this is a very subjective question but any tips would be greatful

cheers

Todd
Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: sound replacer/beta91 help

I'm confused as to how you use sound replacer(SR) with a microphone. The method I use(that works) is to highlight the track(kick drum for this example) and select Sound Replacer from the Audiosuite menu list. I click on each of the 3 floppy icons on SR and select a drum sample from my sounds folder(made just for this purpose) for each flag. I have 3 kick samples-soft, medium and loud. I click the right pointer in SR to show the wave in the SR window and drag the flags to select the volume range for each sample, then hit process. This works great. Now the Beta91 is a decent kick mic (although not my fav) but I have no idea how it can work with SR. Am I missing a cool technique or are you just now learning how to use SR?

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-12-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: sound replacer/beta91 help

Record it in a way you so you see a big difference between the drum hit you are recording and the other drums. One way to accomplish this is to use one of those supercheap and ugly sounding stick on guitarpickups. All you need is some audio. Quality of that doesnt matter. Be sure to turn off the mix-through feature of sound replacer though.

Bastiaan