Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2001, 10:51 AM

Default Timecode through simple USB MIDI Interface?

Is anyone getting MTC to pass through a generic USB MIDI interface like the MIDISport 2x2 or MOTU Fastlane? I tried a MIDIMAN Syncman to generate MTC connected to either of these USB interfaces, and though the MIDI lights come on, and OMS says it's receiving MIDI from the Syncman, PT will never see the incoming TC. Any ideas? Run MIDI in background is on, and everything else is set correctly, Periphirals etc (I'm very familiar with these types of setups). Just curious if anyone has had this actually work. Thanks.

-Evan
Old 05-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Timecode through simple USB MIDI Interface?

No. I have a MOTU MTPAV connected to a Blue/White G3. The MTPAV is generating MTC for all other devices. I have a Fastlane connected to a G4 running ProTools. Fastlane is connected in/out to MTPAV. ProTools is unable to read MTC. But if I run any other sequencer, it will read MTC.
I use a IAC bus to forward MTC to ProTools. This way it works, but...