Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Warning:go back to 8.01

It's high.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
It's high.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM

(puff puff exhale)... huh???
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
The title of this thread says it all, so I'm bumping for anyone who doesn't know about the bug.

(like myself a month or so ago).

I wish there was a sticky for this issue or the 8.03 bits can get pulled. People's ears are too precious.

Roll back to 8.01 (8.01cs1 if you prefer). 8.03 has a confirmed bug, which is in alpha testing for a fix.

Mike.
This deserves to be said again. And until the next official cs release that fixes this.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Space Cabin Audio

It was on January 13th that I posted this warning. 8.03 has had many downloads since then, and I am sure that there is someone out there who is deaf because of it.

AVID, just take the 8.03 down and send out a mass warning to the public. This is your reputation, and possibly your companies future on the line.

Does anyone still invest in AVID?

Kris
May the music move you
Old 03-27-2010, 10:42 PM

Hello,
New i7 930 / P6T build, no overclock. Tested and benchmarked fine. PT 8.03 new install (old system was 7.3). After initial fun touring the new stuff, no fun after a few hours playing back some current sessions. I first noticed problems with a plugin (I think Xpand) not responding to the mouse, then weird syncronization on playback then short bursts of white noise. Repeated at random times. Sure seems like a bug to me.

I really don't want to learn how to futz with memory timings. Building a new machine every few years is ok but now I want to make some music.

I looked for 8.01 to download and could not find it. Is it still available from digi? Thought I would ask here before trying to get through to digi support tomorrow.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 AM

Is it still available from digi?

Yup.

I think this link should work for you (probably need to login):
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36
or
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36
(one says Vista, one says Xp but I think they the same images)

If not, login to digidesign.com; Support and Downloads; the LE drop down choices includes 8.0-8.01. Your ears will thank you - or your drummer wont sue you.

Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Hey so I have def got some serious issues with ProTools / Avid. Unfortunately they are hardware/software based mbox2 stuff (-12dB DC Offset with both pre's recording and no mic plugged in and that stupid wine) I'm not going to spend $1000 on a computer to fix a $400 piece of hardwares problem with it.

However I have not had the white noise blast since 3 days after upgrading to PT 8. For me the solve was de-fragging my hard drives once a week w/ defragler. Every week I'm above 35%. Who knows why. This is a PC built by me in 2005 so I am happy that its still working but funny how i don't have these probs on the M-powered version with the same machine and the 1010LT. HEHE I have other problems with that so just to be clear this is just my least annoying option when i'm outside of the studio.

PS We still run PT 6.1 TDM at the studio and works solid as a rock. Thank god for small blessings.

Last edited by browniespeaks; 03-28-2010 at 09:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 PM

Bump!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 03-29-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
Bump!
LOL #2 - are you going to post a thousand Bumps because you want to be a 4-figure posting Hobo ?!?

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.