Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Default Pro Tools 6.9 Updates

The Pro Tools 6.9 Web Updates are available now from the following area in the Support/Downloads section of the Digidesign website:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/69

Pro Tools 6.9 Updates

Pro Tools LE 6.9 is a free download for all Pro Tools LE owners with Pro Tools LE 6.7 software.
Pro Tools LE 6.9 software provides support for Mac OS X and Windows XP with the following Digidesign Pro Tools LE systems:
  • Digi 002
  • Digi 002 Rack
  • Mbox
Pro Tools TDM 6.9 is a free download for all Pro Tools|HD and Pro Tools|HD Accel owners with Pro Tools TDM 6.4 or higher software.
Pro Tools TDM 6.9 software provides support for Mac OS X and Windows XP with the following Digidesign Pro Tools TDM systems:
  • Pro Tools|HD
  • Pro Tools|HD Accel
What's New in Pro Tools 6.9?

For a summary, please see the Pro Tools 6.9 Announcement in the News section of the website:
http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=2179

For a complete list of new features, please see the following documents, included with the downloads and available from the Technical Document Library and the download pages linked above:
  • What's New in Pro Tools TDM 6.9
  • What's New in Pro Tools LE 6.9
  • Upgrading to Pro Tools 6.9
Old 04-16-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 6.9 Updates

i would love to download 6.9, but i havent recieved my 6.7 CD in the mail!!!

what happens to me?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:34 AM

I sucessfully downloaded the upgrade and installed it (requiring to verify that 6.7 was installed first and then requiring to uninstall 6.7 "this seemed a little odd"). When starting Pro Tools for the first time, it asked for an authorization code located on the inside cover of the "Upgrading to Pro Tools Guide. Since I downloaded the upgrade( requiring the 6.7 authorizatiuon code, I didn't have such a guide for 6.9. I did have the guide for 6.7 so I said "What the heck, I give it a try." What do you know, It works. My only concern is that for future updates, I hope they don't expect me to have an authorization code for 6.9 bacause all I have is one for 6.7 even though I'm running 6.9.

So far I tried playback and it's working great. I hooked up a Command 8 along with my Digi002 and was able to see 16 channels of motorized faders. Pretty cool. I've always had hyper threading left on so I guess now I'll see some of that benefit.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 04-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Your 6.7 authorization code is for both 6.7 and 6.9. The same code you use to download is the one that you use to authorize.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:23 AM

Thanks for that information Digidesign. Here's some updates. I tested recording a few tracks and everything went fine. I played back fine. Applying a reverb worked fine. Abletron Live worked fine with the ASIO driver. Sound Forge played back trough the ASIO driver. Over all a pretty good upgrade experience. I swapped from the Digi002 to the Digi 002R Rack unit and everything still worked fine. I added a Command 8 and it worked too.

I went to my old stack of CD's from Digidesign and found an unwrapped Native Instruments Pro-52 Plugin instrument. It was part of the bonus pack when I bought my Digi002. It loaded fine but there was s sticker with a warning to upgrade it since there was a known bug that caused a loud full digital burst under certain circumstances (88.2KHz or 96KHz playback I think). Anyways, when I went to the Native Instruments website to upgrade, I couldn't sign on because the serial number in my CD case was not valid. I sent their tech support an email and provided my serial number. They said that that is not one of their serial number. They now have the Pro-53 instead. Any help with how to upgrade this would be appreciated.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 PM

does it include all the 6.7 cs updates? thanxxxxxxxxxx
Old 04-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
does it include all the 6.7 cs updates?
Yes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 AM

Hello I have a problem and I wanted to know if someone can help me. I am trying to update PT 6,7 to 6.9. The problem is that when I want to install 6,9 appears a message saying that there is a previous installation of PT and that I must uninstall it from control panel add/remove. Then uninstall PT 6,7 from Control Panel,reboot the PC, and when I return to try to install the 6,9 the message returns to appear saying that there is an valid installation been of PT located on the system but I already have uninstalled . That I am making bad? Thanks you.
Sorry for my english
Old 04-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Avid

Gabriel - it sounds as if you have a corrupt registry. You can use a registry utility like RegCleaner to clean things up:

http://worldstart.com/weekly-downloa...cleaner4.3.htm

After installing, launch RegCleaner and click on the Software tab. Select all Digidesign/Pace components and click 'Remove Selected'.Do the same for the 'Uninstall Menu' tab, then quit and restart.

You should then be able to reinstall.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:38 AM

Bump:

I went to my old stack of CD's from Digidesign and found an unwrapped Native Instruments Pro-52 Plugin instrument. It was part of the bonus pack when I bought my Digi002. It loaded fine but there was s sticker with a warning to upgrade it since there was a known bug that caused a loud full digital burst under certain circumstances (88.2KHz or 96KHz playback I think). Anyways, when I went to the Native Instruments website to upgrade, I couldn't sign on because the serial number in my CD case was not valid. I sent their tech support an email and provided my serial number. They said that that is not one of their serial number. They now have the Pro-53 instead. Any help with how to upgrade this would be appreciated.

I see that Digidesign Tech Support is looking at this thread so I'm hoping to get some response here.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB