Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2023, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja_allen View Post
For some though, including me, I WUP annually, cap @$249 for only about 19 must have plugs. The subscription for Ultimate Sub makes sense for me. I get all the plugs compared to just 19 for the same yearly cost.
But I agree, should have been left the choice for everyone. That was a strange move. I am glad it was re-instated. Hey, at least Waves listened. Cant say the same for...
I'm basically in the same boat being. Mac user. At least we get more to show for our investment, plus access to their cost prohibitive and new plugins. Sure we may not own them, but given a year we'd probably still have to pay another $250 for the "privilege of owning"

I do believe that could do with a couple of mid tier bundles that allow users to custom select an additional 10-20 plugins. I believe that will make their subscription more accessible.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I'm basically in the same boat being. Mac user. At least we get more to show for our investment, plus access to their cost prohibitive and new plugins. Sure we may not own them, but given a year we'd probably still have to pay another $250 for the "privilege of owning"
Even on a Mac where you'd have to pay the WUP every three years to keep current with every single OS change, it works out as $60pa on a maxed out plan, not $240pa. I've no clue why people would pay the WUP every single year, which is just throwing money away. And of course, when the perpetual upgrade deals are back, you can probably pay less than the annual cost and get new plugins too.

Still, nice to know that the subs plan has one subscriber!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-06-2023, 07:47 AM

WUP is back at third-party sellers, just got email from Audiodeluxe. Seems to be the same as before, get code from Waves, buy at Audiodeluxe at a discount. Good job Waves, it's like none of this even happened
Old 04-06-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Even on a Mac where you'd have to pay the WUP every three years to keep current with every single OS change, it works out as $60pa on a maxed out plan, not $240pa. I've no clue why people would pay the WUP every single year, which is just throwing money away. And of course, when the perpetual upgrade deals are back, you can probably pay less than the annual cost and get new plugins too.

Still, nice to know that the subs plan has one subscriber!

You get two licenses by paying WUP yearly. It is part of the game Waves loves to play. The WUP price cap only applies to what they define as a 'single system'. If you just buy the same plugins twice, Waves charges you twice the WUP fee.

I haven't really been keeping up. Are the Waves upgrade deals actually returning? Or is this just the new norm? Its seem a bit opportunistic to send users into a panic over the EOL of their perpetual plugins, then only offer WUP with no bundle upgrades as the response.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
You get two licenses by paying WUP yearly. It is part of the game Waves loves to play. The WUP price cap only applies to what they define as a 'single system'. If you just buy the same plugins twice, Waves charges you twice the WUP fee.

I haven't really been keeping up. Are the Waves upgrade deals actually returning? Or is this just the new norm? Its seem a bit opportunistic to send users into a panic over the EOL of their perpetual plugins, then only offer WUP with no bundle upgrades as the response.
I didn’t realise the “single system” part. I guess I’ve never needed to renew my two bundles at the same time, I probably never will come to think of it.

Support says upgrade deals will return, but couldn’t give any date.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-06-2023, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmusic9 View Post
WUP is back at third-party sellers, just got email from Audiodeluxe. Seems to be the same as before, get code from Waves, buy at Audiodeluxe at a discount. Good job Waves, it's like none of this even happened
Where do I find the code in my Waves account? I don't see it anywhere.

Old 04-06-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Good news!

Got the lot for substantially less than US$240 - there's a nice discount!

You can too, by creating a free account and logging in at:
https://plugindiscounts.com/
You can buy a purchase Code (My Waves Update Plan) to register at Waves.
You can receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before

https://plugindiscounts.com/contact/
John, I still don't see the WUP available here. How do I find it?

Old 04-06-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Where do I find the code in my Waves account? I don't see it anywhere.
Log into your Waves.com account. Click on Get Waves Update Plan. Choose which plugins or bundles you want to WUP. Beside that section where it says order summary, your total, and the button to Renew Update Plan, right under that is says Buying From A Local Dealer?. Click on that and it will show you a link to send you a code to your email to then use at Audiodeluxe (or whoever is still a retailer) to purchase your WUP at a discount (depending on dealer).

Hope this helps, I'm still on the fence about my WUP, waiting to see if any more discounts or perks come out to win me over again.
Old 04-06-2023, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Log into your Waves.com account. Click on Get Waves Update Plan. Choose which plugins or bundles you want to WUP. Beside that section where it says order summary, your total, and the button to Renew Update Plan, right under that is says Buying From A Local Dealer?. Click on that and it will show you a link to send you a code to your email to then use at Audiodeluxe (or whoever is still a retailer) to purchase your WUP at a discount (depending on dealer).

Hope this helps, I'm still on the fence about my WUP, waiting to see if any more discounts or perks come out to win me over again.
Great to see Waves are now selling WUP from 3rd-Party Sellers again – thanks for posting!

https://www.waves.com/account/get-waves-update-plan

"Buying from a local dealer?
To purchase Waves Updated Plan from a local Waves dealer, select the products you wish to extend above and click ‘Send Code’. You will then receive the Waves Update Plan code to your email. Show this code to your local Waves dealer."
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 04-06-2023, 10:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate it.