Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2023, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmusic9 View Post
I am able to buy WUP at Waves now, cart is showing maxed out at old price of $240. I'll wait this out, that isn't winning me over yet.
Me too. And I noticed it gave an extended date to March 30, 2024. So, essentially, anytime in the next 12 months I can opt to WUP and bring all my Waves plugs right up to date. I might do that. I've only WUP'd once before, as I recall. I have some that are V9 and a few between v10-v14.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Waves making perpetual licences and updates available again. Letter from CEO

Quote:
I am able to buy WUP at Waves now, cart is showing maxed out at old price of $240. I'll wait this out, that isn't winning me over yet.
We’re really back to how we were. We don’t know what their new sales policies are - I doubt even they do, the business plan is in the bin - but there’s absolutely no reason to rush to WUP. Only buy it when you absolutely have to. Hopefully the upgrade sales will roll around eventually where you upgrade your bundle for little money, and the WUP thrown in. It was always by far the best move.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-30-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
if you want a better price than $240 for Waves WUP, create a free account and login at Plugin Discounts to see the reduced price - but please wait until Waves make WUP available again:
https://plugindiscounts.com

Perpetual Licenses will be available again, to be announced here:
https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual...enses-are-back
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor

Last edited by unkJE; 03-30-2023 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Perpetual Licenses will be available again
Old 03-30-2023, 01:54 PM

No retailers are showing Waves products so getting a discount is a no go for now. I have little faith they will go back to another party selling their products, that would eat into their profit. This whole debacle is about how much profit they can make so that's probably something they don't backtrack on.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:12 PM

You can now renew your Waves Update Plan for perpetual plugin and bundle licenses that you already own. This ability is available on Waves website once again - see all information:

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-...ble-march-2023

Login to Waves to see your WUP price - and also get a Waves Code to show 3rd Party Plug-in Vendors to buy your My Waves Update Plan at a discount.

Once purchased, register your WUP with Waves
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor

Last edited by unkJE; 03-30-2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:30 PM

The ability to purchase new perpetual licenses for Waves plugins and bundles will be available again on our website very shortly. We are working to make this happen as soon as possible, and will notify all our users by email as soon as it is ready.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
You can now renew your Waves Update Plan for perpetual plugin and bundle licenses that you already own. This ability is available on Waves website once again - see all information:

Login to Waves to see your WUP price - and also get a Waves Code to show 3rd Party Plug-in Vendors to buy your My Waves Update Plan at a discount.

Once purchased, register your WUP with Waves
But they ended 3rd party sales. So I wouldn't hope for a discount.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
But they ended 3rd party sales. So I wouldn't hope for a discount.
We still don't know about this, right? They ended ALL perpetual sales. Now they've brought those back. Not seen any comments yet on whether the resellers are part of it once more.

EDIT - and of course as I type those sales haven't yet restarted as they reconfigure everything. Essentially on this I see no news as no news.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 04-02-2023, 11:22 AM

Just got email from Waves that individual and bundle plugs are now available. Checked the website, individual are $29.99 except about 5 or 6 plugs, bundles seem to be at the old prices, Mercury is $1,999. No retail sales at Audiodeluxe, Sweetwater only has hardware for live use. So far, not looking like 3rd party sellers are a part of the "restructuring" plan.
At least if you WUP, your plugs are worth what they were (or close to) before the worst debacle in recent audio history. Good job Waves
Old 04-02-2023, 11:24 AM

Anyone use Waves Central yet?

I only have 4 plugins. They are V14 but 3 of them have updates.

Looks like you can't update just the plugins you have. If I try to update them, it wants to force install EVERY SINGLE WAVES PLUGIN!!!

Why can't I just update my current plugs without having to download all the other bloat-ware!?!?! I hope they fix this in Waves Central, as this was clearly part of their Creative Access mess.