How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Actually, it does the same over here (macOS 10.14.6) even though the folder and .ufs file are there
Old 11-07-2019, 01:21 PM

yes i meant the library might be for 1.6 and not the updated 2.0 The file size is supposed to be 998Mb . I'm guessing that's why it works but we get some errors
Old 11-07-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I didn't get on with Falcon 1, but thought I'd try Falcon 2 as it was sat there in my Avid account. I installed just the 2.0 .exe in Windows. The Factory library was already installed on a separate SSD. I didn't uninstall Falcon 1 first, just installed 2 over the top. I don't have any new iLok assets I can see, but the support plan is current.

It loads, but I get an error on launch: "Unable to mount the Volume from C:ProgramData/UVI/Falcon/FalconResources.ufs". I've checked in C:ProgramData, and sure enough there's no UVI folder in there. Anyone any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Maybe you should have something installed in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Actually, it does the same over here (macOS 10.14.6) even though the folder and .ufs file are there
Did you all let the installer put the files where it wanted to install them or did you do a custom install? When I installed F1 and the libraries when I purchased PT 2019.6 I let the installers put them where it wanted to. So I could also use my Digital Synsations stuff inside Falcon without having to manually locate things I just moved that ufs. file to where the Falcon installer put it's files. And when I purchased F2 from UVI I just let it's installer do it's thing and then activated F2 from within ILM. So I now have two Falcon license assets - one from Avid and one from UVI.

Now I don't know what's going on if one has downloaded/installed the Avid version of F2. Whether you get another license asset or what.

And again - F2 is at 2.02 from UVI. Looks like Avid only has 2.00

QAPLA!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:30 PM

Just installed 2.0 over 1.6 with default locations
Old 11-07-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
Is anyone getting strange "Authorization" messages with Falcon2?
I'm seeing similar errors - my old Digital Sensations library works fine, but the avid and falcon ones are throwing errors...
Old 11-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geetar View Post
I'm seeing similar errors - my old Digital Sensations library works fine, but the avid and falcon ones are throwing errors...
I get this error (attached image) as soon as I instantiate Falcon.
Like I stated before I downloaded Falcon2 from my Avid Account and installed it never having installed Falcon 1.6. I also used the Falcon Library that was available in my Avid account. The fact that it opens up anyway after dismissing the error is something I have never seen with an iLok Plug-in. It usually either opens or it doesn't if it can't find the proper iLok asset. I am not really going to loose sleep over this since I never used Falcon 1.6 on my old system. But it would be nice if Avid could chime in and let us know what's up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 5.59.53 PM.jpg (24.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
I get this error (attached image) as soon as I instantiate Falcon.
Like I stated before I downloaded Falcon2 from my Avid Account and installed it never having installed Falcon 1.6. I also used the Falcon Library that was available in my Avid account. The fact that it opens up anyway after dismissing the error is something I have never seen with an iLok Plug-in. It usually either opens or it doesn't if it can't find the proper iLok asset. I am not really going to loose sleep over this since I never used Falcon 1.6 on my old system. But it would be nice if Avid could chime in and let us know what's up
I get the first warning, but not the 2nd. I don't think in my case its related to the Falcon Factory library - it sees that on my G drive, its there in Preferences and appears as a Tab on the right hand side. It seems to be missing some other core component that didn't get installed in that location in the error message above. If I try to load a patch, it frrequently tells me the wavetables are missing. I'm guessing that's in the missing resources.ufs.

Well, fun though this is, my patience is very limited considering I didn't get on with it the first time. It does serve as a nice dissuader should I ever get tempted in sales time to buy the full version. I compose in Cubase not PT, so I view this as essentially a trial.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Mine is spitting some errors too after a straight install over the old one
Attached Images
File Type: png Falcon.png (56.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-08-2019, 12:43 AM

Looks like many of us have the same issue, a missing Resources file. Truthfully I'm not sure I care enough to open a support case which tends to become like a second job, but would be nice if someone did and references this thread.

As it is, looks like the 2.0.0 install for aax is broken.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 11-08-2019, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Looks like many of us have the same issue, a missing Resources file....
My guess is perhaps we don’t need the missing FalconResources.ufs, because:

Falcon 1.6.4 included Falcon Factory.ufs

Falcon 1.6.6 replaced Falcon Factory.ufs with FalconResources.ufs

Falcon 2.0.0 in my Avid account has both Plugsound Avid Edition and Falcon Factory – so
I removed FalconResources.ufs from my UVISoundBanks

(Happy to proven wrong – ‘cos it’ll mean even more to play with!)
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Closed Thread