Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2010, 02:47 AM

Default Control Panel won`t launch

I just got my MBox 3 and have a strange problem: Every time I try to launch the control panel it opens in 2-3 seconds and then closes with a dialog box saying somethings went wrong. I tried to open it from within Pro Tools and directly form the applications map. Same problem. I try to update to 8.04cs2, but it didn`t help. What`s wrong.

Niels
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Control Panel won`t launch

Hi plastikman

The new Mbox 3 Pro comes with a quite sophisticated driver called "Control Panel". In fact it`s a little mixer with sends/returns and it can control all ins and outs of the Mbox 3 Pro. It to controls the internal DSP in the Mbox which give you the opportunity to add delay or reverb even when you activate low latency monitoring.
I`m on an iMac 3,6 gHz i5, OS 10.6.4 and Pro Tools 8.04cs2. I tried with my Macbook Pro too with the same configuration, but again wasn`t able to launch Control Panel. I´m beginning to think it`s maybe a hardware problem.

Niels
Old 12-11-2010, 05:07 AM

I know exactly what you're referring to as I just finished testing the new Mbox with my remote setup on PT9. The sophisticated driver you've described is the included cue mix software that comes with the interface. When I tested it out on my system, I didn't encounter any issues at all and I am using the same Mac OSX build as you: 10.6.4. The experience was the same with both my MacBook Pro and Mac Pro, so I suspect your problem could be hardware related. Did you download the latest drivers from the website that were released in October? If you haven't already, that may fix the issue.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 AM

Hi drumster

Thanks for your reply. To be absolutely sure I downloaded the driver from Avid`s homepage, but it changed nothing. The driver is 1.0.11 - same as yours?

Niels
Old 12-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Avid

Try creating a new administrator account, sign into it and test from there.

Let us know if that helps.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 AM

Hi DigiTechSupt

I tried what you suggested, but Control Panel still won`t launch. It says (translated from danish): "Mbox Pro quit unexpected".
The computer is completely new and only runs Pro Tools and when I installed Pro Tools it was a clean install.

Niels
Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 AM

Uninstalled Pro Tools and tried to create a new account on my Macbook Pro, too. Downloaded the newest driver and would have tried to launch Control Panel, but now Pro Tools can`t find the Mbox 3 Pro. Same problem as described in another thread. But anyway, it wouldn`t launch from the applications-folder either.
I`ve been working with Digidesign/Avid-products for more than 20 years and have very rarely experienced hardware-problems. Thought maybe the driver is in some way unstable?
Please DigiTechSupt - answer this post, since I don`t know, if I shall send my Mbox back to the supplier or what.

Thanks Niels