Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 01-22-2015, 06:20 PM

Default PT and Komplete Kontrol

Okay so I have the latest update of OS on my mac and i have pro tools 11 and komplete ultimate 10. i can not even open pro tools anymore, on the start up of PT it loads and in the loading screen it freezes at Komplete Kontrol. so this software must obviously be a problem I'm assuming? Please get back to me on a way I can fix this,i'd appreciate it
Old 01-23-2015, 05:24 PM

Default Re: PT and Komplete Kontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMEREALM View Post
Okay so I have the latest update of OS on my mac and i have pro tools 11 and komplete ultimate 10. i can not even open pro tools anymore, on the start up of PT it loads and in the loading screen it freezes at Komplete Kontrol. so this software must obviously be a problem I'm assuming? Please get back to me on a way I can fix this,i'd appreciate it
This is a known problem with Komplete 10, Yosemite and PT11. NI sent out an email back in October acknowledging the issue and are working with Avid on it. See this from the email:

Native Instruments has conducted compatibility tests with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which have shown current NI products to work without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system.

However, products with a hardware dependency, such as MASCHINE, KOMPLETE KONTROL, TRAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, and Controller Editor will not launch when the AVID CoreAudioManager/Drivers are installed under 10.10 Yosemite. Native Instruments and Avid are working together to resolve this compatibility issue.

Native Instruments is currently conducting further systematic compatibility and performance tests with the release version of Yosemite, and will provide new information as it becomes available.

Best regards,

The Native Instruments team

QAPLA!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:14 PM

Any update on this?
Old 02-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamyg04 View Post
Any update on this?
No

QAPLA!
Old 02-03-2015, 03:09 PM

Thanks musicman
Old 02-13-2015, 11:56 PM

bought NI Komplete 9
can Komplete 9 run ok with PT11 on windows 7 ?
yet a to install Komplete 9
Old 02-14-2015, 12:51 AM

I think once you update the software to aax 64 on native instrument s website you should be ok. But their could be other issues. I'm not too sure?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamyg04 View Post
I think once you update the software to aax 64 on native instrument s website you should be ok. But their could be other issues. I'm not too sure?
..., I think its issues with the AVID CORE AUDIO PLUGIN working with Yosimite (or something like that ?)

I have seen temporary workarounds offered which suggest removing the Avid Core Audio Plugin from the HAL folder
(found under ; Mac HD / library/audio/plugins)

..., but I am scared doing this ... Just incase it causes a negative impact with Pro Tools 11.3.1 in a some way

Further problems apparently caused by the; AVID CORE AUDIO PLUGIN

I am also having trouble with installing the latest version of Audiofile's -TRIUMPH v2.5 ( Editing & Post production tool - https://www.audiofile-engineering.com/triumph/ ) ..., into my Mac Yosemite , and have had to role back to an older version . Audiofiles tech support also blame the AVID CORE AUDIO PLUGIN and Yosemite as the root of their problem with new version 2.5 , and have also suggested I remove the Avid core Audio file form the HAL Folder ?

Neither Native Instruments , or Audiofile will either comment, or confirm if removing the Avid Core Audio File will have a negative on the operation of Pro Tools 11.3.1 in Yosemite..., has anyone done this ? - whats the word from AVID ?

I hope all Parties find a solution to this soon .
Old 04-04-2015, 12:34 PM

Hi guys,

it seem's i've figured out another (imho "better") workaround which is more suitable for users who have / run AVID or Dididesign Hardware (i have the Mbox Pro 3rd Firewire and Eleven Rack) and no (!) NI Hardware:

After renaming the NIHardwareAgent.app to NIHardwareAgent_dist.app i can start KOMPLETE and other NI stuff WITHOUT losing the AVID CoreAudio driver. hth someone too here...

means:

sudo mv /Library//Application Support/Native Instruments/Hardware/NIHardwareAgent.app /Library//Application Support/Native Instruments/Hardware/NIHardwareAgent_dist.app

(may be a restart is required after this for you)

If you want to get any NI Hardware back working later just rename it back.

This may not be in the interest of NI, because it disables the NI Hardware Agent - but if you don't use their hardware, this is nearly "perfect".

hth
cheerioh,

Niels.
---
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.de
Old 04-04-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsd View Post
Hi guys,

it seem's i've figured out another (imho "better") workaround which is more suitable for users who have / run AVID or Dididesign Hardware (i have the Mbox Pro 3rd Firewire and Eleven Rack) and no (!) NI Hardware:

After renaming the NIHardwareAgent.app to NIHardwareAgent_dist.app i can start KOMPLETE and other NI stuff WITHOUT losing the AVID CoreAudio driver. hth someone too here...

means:

sudo mv /Library//Application Support/Native Instruments/Hardware/NIHardwareAgent.app /Library//Application Support/Native Instruments/Hardware/NIHardwareAgent_dist.app

(may be a restart is required after this for you)

If you want to get any NI Hardware back working later just rename it back.

This may not be in the interest of NI, because it disables the NI Hardware Agent - but if you don't use their hardware, this is nearly "perfect".

hth
cheerioh,

Niels.
---
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.de
You don't have to use NI hardware to cause the problem - all you need is to use one of the programs that could use NI hardware like Guitar Rig 5. I run GR5 from time to time but I don't have the NI hardware for it. If I tried to open a PT11 session that had GR5 in it the session wouldn't open. Shouldn't need to use Terminal to change the name.

QAPLA!