Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2011, 12:37 AM

Default cant bounce to mp3

When I try to bounce a file as an mp3 I get the following error. "The mp3 option cannot be enabled because: module intialization failed for mp3.dll. The mp3 demo period may have expired"
Old 11-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: cant bounce to mp3

What version did you upgrade from ?

Did you do a clean uninstall before doing the Pro Tools install ? If not can you do a clean installation of Pro Tools 10 ?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM

I upgraded from 9. I uninstalled 9 then installed 10. How I do a clean install??
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM

okay so I just unistalled everything and deleted all the files from my hard drive. I did a clean install of everything and I go to bounce the file as a mp3 and I get the same error message.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 AM

I have looked here and this folder does not exist on my hard drive:

◦C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Codecs\MP3

What should I do now??
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Well your not alone. I have exactly the same problem. Exactly the same upgrade path. Been trying to sort it out for days now. I had posted similar in another thread but the responses indicated they had no issues.
I was of the understanding this was bundled with both 9 and 10 so why is it talking about a demo period?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timecode View Post
Well your not alone. I have exactly the same problem. Exactly the same upgrade path. Been trying to sort it out for days now. I had posted similar in another thread but the responses indicated they had no issues.
I was of the understanding this was bundled with both 9 and 10 so why is it talking about a demo period?
Alright I just got it to work!! This is what I did I unistalled liscense support. I then unistalled my ilok client helper. Then I uninstalled my interlok driver setup x64. Then I unistalled everything avid. So I unistalled pro tools 10. Then I unistalled the avid virtual instruments. I unistalled my mbox pro driver. I uninstalled the HD driver (x64). I unistalled the Avid Effects and the Avid HFS + Disk Support. I then went thru my hard drive and made sure all avid and ilok files and folders were deleted. Some of the files and folders were still on my hard drive so I deleted those manually. I then rebooted my pc. After my pc rebooted I first reinstalled the ilok client helper then the ilok driver. Then I reinstalled my mbox 2 pro drivers, hd drivers, pro tools 10 then avid virtual instruments. I can now to bounce to an mp3 file!!

Last edited by sheezy; 11-03-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheezy View Post
Alright I just got it to work!! This is what I did I unistalled liscense support. I then unistalled my ilok client helper. Then I uninstalled my interlok driver setup x64. Then I unistalled everything avid. So I unistalled pro tools 10. Then I unistalled the avid virtual instruments. I unistalled my mbox pro driver. I uninstalled the HD driver (x64). I unistalled the Avid Effects and the Avid HFS + Disk Support. I then went thru my hard drive and made sure all avid and ilok files and folders were deleted. Some of the files and folders were still on my hard drive so I deleted those manually. I then rebooted my pc. After my pc rebooted I first reinstalled the ilok client helper then the ilok driver. Then I reinstalled my mbox 2 pro drivers, hd drivers, pro tools 10 then avid virtual instruments. I can now to bounce to an mp3 file!!
Holy Mackeral!!! Congrats on getting it resolved, but what a lot of effort to get something working that should have just fallen into place when you did the original upgrade. It is posts like these that give me concern for when I upgrade, if I upgrade!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM

I know why it worked on your system!!
The order you installed the MBOX drivers.

As the MBOX drivers are old and include Interlok drivers (Pace/Ilok) this was creating issues by overwriting your NEW drivers.

As you now installed the MBOX drivers first the OLD drivers were overwritten when you installed the new Ilok drivers.

I just went through hours of troubleshooting to work this out.

BTW your thread gave me some ideas to come to this conclusion so cheers .