Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-01-2021, 12:29 PM

Default Pro Tools reinstatements

It seems that Avid is offering for this month only Pro Tools reinstatements for those with expired perpetual licenses--$249 for regular Pro Tools and and $499 for Ultimate. You can get it from Avid here: https://www.avid.com/special-offers/...nt-2021-pt-sib. But it looks like third party sellers have them as well; for example: https://www.rspeaudio.com/Pro-Tools-...nts-s/2569.htm.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools reinstatements

This is a very bad sign. Guess they're losing ground fast.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
This is a very bad sign. Guess they're losing ground fast.
Huh? Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
Old 12-01-2021, 02:31 PM

I don't think Avid is losing ground, subscriptions were way up from people being home during COVID-19. Will it last? We'll see.

What's a bit humiliating is the rest of us pay to keep up our licenses/subscriptions yearly and then AVID offers reinstatements to those for only a small penalty. On the one hand, I'm happy for them. On the other, what do I get for being a loyal "perp" (my own jargon for perpetual license holder). I mean, I'm not even invited to be part of the inner circle right?

I would love it if Rosica or his product mangers would address the fine people in the DUC who have a lot of really great ideas. Fat chance of that happening.
Studio: 2021 Mac Studio Ultra M1 20 Core CPU, 48 Core GPU, 64GB Ram, 4TB SSD boot | Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12 | PreSonus Quantum 4848 interface| MOTU 112D interface | Digi PRE, FR OctoPre MKII, Mackie Onyx 800R, Panasonic WZ-AD96M (x2) and DA7, Eleven Rack, Apogee Big Ben, Mercury, Rode K2, Slate VMS ML-1 (x2). Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559, i7-6500U 2.6Ghz, 16 GB RAM, 15.6" 1920x1080 1TB SSD
Old 12-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Huh.

Reinstatements gone. Forever. Subscribe by stealth and keep paying the "support" charge to "protect" your investment. But reinstatements are back! But not for long. Then they'll be gone, forever again.

Let's face it, we're all in an abusive relationship with Avid. Or maybe they're the Mob. I can't quite decide which it is. Can it be both?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 12-01-2021, 02:37 PM

You got it! Their marketing is hilarious. How to set up as many people as you can...
Old 12-01-2021, 03:12 PM

If you get current now, you can renew as many times as you want so long as your support plan is active (or on grace period but please do not try your luck, renewal time is not extended from the time of purchase but from the time of previous expiration).
Old 12-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Please note:
Do not register/redeem your Reinstatement with Avid until you are ready to use it.

Previous Reinstatements bought from Avid were automatically registered and redeemed when added to one’s Avid account, which started the Software Updates and Support Plan immediately.

If you’re buying a Reinstatement to use at a later date, please consider buying it from a Reseller, who will provide you with a code, which you can register and redeem in the future, when the time’s right for you.

https://www.avid.com/find-a-reseller

Explanation:
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nstatement-faq

Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem it, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from a reseller the code does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. (Important to note that the clock on your Software Updates and Support Plan starts when you redeem the code in my.avid.com/products/redemption.) Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions after we discontinue selling them.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
You got it! Their marketing is hilarious. How to set up as many people as you can...
Avid marketing is in a no-win situation, but I still like it more than Adobe's where they moved to subscription-only which made them lose me as a customer. So now they (Avid) need to balance between subscription customers and support plan customers.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Is Avid including HEAT and Complete Plugin Bundle for perpetual users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashboombam View Post
Just a heads up.... It looks like if you have an active plan then you should be good. I renewed my Ultimate perpetual license back in July. I saw this thread and sent CS (licensing not tech support) an email yesterday asking if HEAT was included in my plan. Today I received an email stating that it was and it was deposited in my ilok account.
This was posted yesterday, my time:
Perpetual License Upgrades available this month!

I've read thru it and it's pretty clear that:
Expired plans for perpetual owners as far back as v9 can take advantage of this and get a permanent update to current version, have a year updates/support AND get to use Heat and Complete Plugin bundle as long as they don't let it expire. Let it expire in a year, and you still have the latest version forever, but you lose Heat and plugin bundle.

I let my perpetual expire a year ago. My plan is to take advantage of this offer, but not activate it before Avid has a solid build of Mx native PT, and I have a next generation of apple silicon desktop computer.