Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 AM

Default Mbox 2 sound problems, stuttering,odd delay.

Hello,

besides Pro Tools LE, I want to use my MBox 2 as my system soundcard.

When I work with FCP or send stuff on my trash the audio output stutters crackles and has an odd delay.

I have seen on this forum (Windows) that it was a QT problem and they said that they have to rewrite there driver by the end of last year or early this year. I tryed with pt7 or 8 and this is the same problems. It looks that this is the same result with Mac and PC !!!

Is there a way I can fix this ?.

Is anyone has the same problem ?

thanks,

Naz
Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 sound problems, stuttering,odd delay.

no one have the same problem !
Old 04-05-2009, 02:34 AM

anyone in here ?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:34 PM

Actually I have the same problem. I've only experienced it that I remember on PT8 under OSX 10.5.5, but it doesn't stop at that, if I'm working a PT session, it will randomly go into crackle land forcing me to either relaunch pt and/or (sometimes it works one way sometimes another) disconnect and reconnect the MBox2 to solve the problem, occasionally I even have to reboot the computer. Yes it's super annoying, but I'm in the middle of an album mix and don't want to or actually have the time to re initialize my drive, which I will do as soon as I finish this project. If it doesn't stop there ˆ will have to appeal to the ProTools Gods for guidance, which I would have already done if not already involved in a project.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Avid

Can you give us info on your system specs, Pro Tools version, OS version, etc?

Without it, it's difficult to say what the problem may be, exactly.

You could try this:

Quit out of all open applications.

Trash the following preference files:

1. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.systempreferences.plist (delete this file)
2. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist (delete this file)
3. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > com.digidesign.CoreAudioManager.plist (delete this file)
4. Mac HD > Users > (Your User Name) > Library > Preferences > ByHost > com.apple.systempreferences.xxxxxxxxxxxx.plist (delete this file)

Empty the trash, restart and let me know if it's working or not.

Also, try removing the Digi Core Audio plugin from MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL and see if that helps (it's not needed for the Mbox 2 series).
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM

I've had almost the same problem just reset your processor by switching it to 1 processor then back to 2 processors again in your playback engine and set your h/w buffer size to 2048 samples and click the rtas engine ignore errors during playback with this reset i am getting no distortion clicks and pops and no error messages regarding delays for now. I know this is not the best settings but works way better then constant distortion and delays with the mbox2!!! the problem for me was within the sessions settings and it would affect the whole pro tools system in or out. Good luck:::

/// ::: 1%Free - The invisible circus -
http://www.myspace.com/onepercentfree

http://blog.welikeitindie.com/2009/0...unced-us-tour/

http://www.thefastlife.org/2009/03/24/i-tremble/

http://swearimnotpaul.blogspot.com/2...invisible.html
Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 AM

My system PPC G5 Quad, 10.5.6 PT 7.4.2

First I wanted to say that I didn't change my setup from Tiger to Leopard.

When I did an upgrade from Tiger to leopard I hadn't this problem, then I did a clean install and my problems came !!!!

NOw it looks that everything is working.

What i saw is, when my mbox2 is plug in my apple screen or in Hub this problem come, now I plugged it right to my G5 back USB and it looks to work perfect since 3 days !!! I still wait for something happen )

What is strange is when I was in 10.4 it works fine and then in 10.5 (clean install) I have to be plugged directly to ma MAc.

I will let know if I ave any problem with this set up.

Cheers

Naz