Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 07-07-2020, 04:13 AM

Default PT Ultimate 2 Licenses STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!

Hey Avid!

We are having issues to activate valid PT ULTIMATE Licenses since month - and you don't care about your costumers very well!!

We have already contacted support many times to get this fixed... Meanwhile we thought that maybe the fault is on our side.. but this is not the case... therefor that we may be able to work again, we just thought to activate one more ULTIMATE License... so this time just one month subscription .. this subscription was ordered on the same account where already the perpetual PT ultimate licence was not working... This is really annoying - since I'm a PT User since nearly 20 years.. I now must say I'm nearly a PT-Ha*er!

I don´t know what we can do any more... we'd need to work urgently in our second room,!!! Really don't like!!!
Old 07-07-2020, 04:35 AM

Default Re: PT Ultimate 2 Licenses STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!

There’s definitely a backlog @ the bottleneck ….
… hope you get it sorted soon - in the meantime, try using a

30-day Free Trial of Pro Tools Ultimate:

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 07-07-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
There’s definitely a backlog @ the bottleneck ….
… hope you get it sorted soon - in the meantime, try using a

30-day Free Trial of Pro Tools Ultimate:

https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-ultimate-trial
thx - meanwhile we have used all possible account-mails we can use for trail versions... its a PITA to work with them --- we can not deliver in time - we lose time and money the whole time because of avids mess...
Old 07-07-2020, 04:54 AM

meanwhile it also turns out that we have paid avid nearly € 600 for non-functional software...

that's all very unprofessional... we must change DAW asap! really losing money and time here...
Old 07-07-2020, 05:28 AM

I’ve assumed you’ve already looked in your Avid Master Account>My Products> Products Not Yet Downloaded

Do you have an Activation Code you can submit at Avid Master Account>My Products> Avid Software Activation and Download?

Avid Knowledge Base - How To Activate Your Pro Tools Redemption Code
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ols-Redemption

https://youtu.be/-jXjniF3uEY

Check to see if any of your licenses are already on your iLok
In the latest version of iLok License Manager (ILM), go to Available licenses
Also in ILM, right-click on the top Gray Bar that lists Valid Locations, Product Name, Publisher Name etc.

Tick “Activation Location” to show where a license is

Sorry - I can't understand why you can't use both Perpetual licenses

If all of the above search fails, your license in the middle of your picture, the Monthly Ultimate Subscription – why not flick the slider to the right and see if paying a Month will get you up’n running?
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:36 AM

This seems the best way to get things sorted here:

Create a Case at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation then include all info including your Activation Number.

Avid will give you a case number.

Post your case number here on the DUC for further help.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Case-Creation

https://youtu.be/CKqSEgg8_VA
Old 07-07-2020, 08:20 AM

thank you unkje! that's very nice from you .. but.. @ avid...

I don´t have the time to trouble-shoot any avid problems right now... I want u guys to just make our license work by yourself ... why should I sort our any avid activation bugs.. absolutely no-go-policy!
Old 07-07-2020, 06:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterer View Post
Hey Avid!

We are having issues to activate valid PT ULTIMATE Licenses since month - and you don't care about your costumers very well!!

We have already contacted support many times to get this fixed... Meanwhile we thought that maybe the fault is on our side.. but this is not the case... therefor that we may be able to work again, we just thought to activate one more ULTIMATE License... so this time just one month subscription .. this subscription was ordered on the same account where already the perpetual PT ultimate licence was not working... This is really annoying - since I'm a PT User since nearly 20 years.. I now must say I'm nearly a PT-Ha*er!

I don´t know what we can do any more... we'd need to work urgently in our second room, but we can't because AVID seems to give a sh*t on their costumers!!! Really don't like!!!

Sorry about the troubles. I Have just checked your account and there are Multiple Pro Tools Ultimate licenses. I can see an old Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license activated inside your iLok account which has its support and updates plan expired on April of 2018. Your current subscription license is still sitting as deposited. You just need to sign in on your iLok License Manager, deactivate your "Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle" dated "2018 Apr 5"
I'm not seeing any open support case at the moment and the last open support case was on May which was closed on June due to no response from your end.
I've started a new support case for you, one of the licensing team will be in touch soon to further assist you.
For now, please try deactivating the previous licenses on your dongle as their support+update plans are already expired.

Thank you,
Tope
Old 10-23-2020, 11:26 PM

I have a same issue.
I pay for months a Ultimate License. One month i didn't pay because i didn't need. Now i tried to pay again. and I CAN NOT!!!! it's incredible.......2 accounts 2 credit cards, 3 cases open, they said that teir problem in pay process is fix, but still i can not work. It's amazing!!!! :-((((