Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-22-2003, 09:56 AM

Default Any suggestion on a Midi Controller for DIGI002

I would like to get a midi controller for the DIGI002 and my Ensoniq MR76 Keyboard. Any suggestions?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Any suggestion on a Midi Controller for DIGI002

isn't your keyboard a controller?
Old 03-23-2003, 12:03 AM

Yes it is also a controller. I wanted some faders style interface between my midi keyboard and digi002.

I record in my keyboard using samples waves that my keyboard automatically save as midi files.
What I want to do is to record in my keyboard using the keyboard sounds, not midi and then transfer to Pro Tools LE for editing precisely and then transfer back to my keyboard and recording again as waves on Pro Tools.

Basically I want to record my keyboard waves sound but I want to edit the sound as midi in Pro Tools
I'm kind of new into this and I was wondering if there is something that can make easy this.

Illuminate Me.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:29 AM

Well here is what you do, you go from the midi out of your keyboard into the midi in on the digi 001. I pro-tools you have to make a midi track, set the input channel to what ever channel you have the keyboard set on. Then you set the output channel to another channel. We will set it to 2 for example. You should be able to set your keyboards midi send and midi recieve channels. You set the midi recieve channel to 2. Then just patch your keyboards analog sound out, into the digi and your all set. You record the midi information on a midi track, that will also send the midi out to your keyboard which will make a analog sound, Which is in turn recorded to another normal track in pro-tools. From then on anytime you play that midi track when your editing, you can just record the analog channel again. You have the best of both worlds.