Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM

Default Re: HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update

Let's coax your reasoning, Greg. Just having to believe, that Avid knew, is a bold and narrowing statement. What reasoning lead you to this believe?
Old 02-05-2012, 09:56 PM

Aaron,

I don't want to beat this to death, but generally, significant software and hardware companies have "development" discussions, meetings, etc. with the likes of Apple and Microsoft and Intel long before the new OS or browser or whatever will be released to the public so the "development partners" don't get caught with non-functioning products.

Can you imagine the disaster (for everyone) that would happen if this didn't occur. Broken software and hardware abound. They may not know the exact release dates, but they know enough to manage their business.

I would be taken aback if Avid had the same relationship with Apple and Microsoft that private consumers have. Let's let this go as it is likely that Avid and every other Hardware/Software producer in the world had to sign confidentiality agreements.

I'm on the other side of the world from you and need to hit the sack.

Thanks,
Greg
Intel i7 3930K, Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 (rev 1.0), 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidea GT 720 TI video card, a Samsung 850 Pro (256 GB) OS drive, 2 Samsung 850 Pro's (512 GB) in externally mounted drive bays for session and sample storage, Win 10 Pro, PT Ultimate (Native)2019.6, HD Omni, HD I/O 16x16 .
Old 02-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditu View Post
Hi MrPollack,

Although we never got an official confirmation from Avid other than the official document that certain version of Mac OS X and above would screw up the update, my guess after seeing this case repeat itself in windows machines is that it is a problem of the Windows OS where the OS simply wont play ball with the HD Native Card.

I had to fix 2 HD Native systems this way, so my best advice would be to stop every futile attempt to fix this on a Windows Machine, go ask your closest acquaintance who owns a Mac Pro and run the Update.

I Havent had any problems and both HD Native stations are working smoothly after the upgrade.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for this advice
I've sent my card to avid service in Warsaw cause in my small city nobody, I know ,uses mac computer..so this was the only solution..I keep fingers crossed that they will fix this tragicomic issue..I must finish my album NOW !!!
Thanks again guys
jacek
ps
I already startet to look for some nice audio card/system and slowly ged rid of avid gear I'm afraid..Just enough of this all for me..I just want to record nice music ,not waisting time for thinking if this bloody graphic card or memory is ok for Avid hardwere etc.. ..Just tired of all of it..

Actually what is the best sound card/interface on the market with other name than avid on it ?
PT|HD 2018 Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit,Core i7 8700K 3,7Ghz (runs OC to 5GHZ stable and easy (12 cores with HT), 32 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Asus Maximus X Hereo, Intel's onboard graphics Intel(R)HD Graphics (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 AM

add me to the list of people who can't successfully run a firmware update. just installed 10 and the 10.0.1 update. firmware update hangs at approximately the halfway point.

what a huge pain in the ass.

gonna track down a friend with a mac and do it there.

oy.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:05 AM

Smile Re: HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update

I had to fix another PC Machine and I found the same issue, however this time I noticed that Avid did noticed the problem.

There is a new Native Card Flasher tool that will force the firmware of your HD Native card.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=429831

It worked like a charm for me and eliminated the need to look for a specific mac pro machine with an specific OS version.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:40 AM

Angry Re: HD Native cant Update Firmware after installing PT9.0.5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditu View Post
I had to fix another PC Machine and I found the same issue, however this time I noticed that Avid did noticed the problem.

There is a new Native Card Flasher tool that will force the firmware of your HD Native card.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=429831

It worked like a charm for me and eliminated the need to look for a specific mac pro machine with an specific OS version.

Hope this helps.
few day to late for me..I had to pay $80 for one hour of avid service in Warsaw..
But it looks like the same file I used few weeks ago and ended up with disaster..???
PT|HD 2018 Native , UAD-2 Octo x2 , Win 10 Pro 64 bit,Core i7 8700K 3,7Ghz (runs OC to 5GHZ stable and easy (12 cores with HT), 32 GB G.Tech DDR4 3200MHZ ,Asus Maximus X Hereo, Intel's onboard graphics Intel(R)HD Graphics (Philips 40'LED screan) , Samsung 24" LED 2x192 I/O, Nuendo 4.3, Wavelab 6, Halion 3.5, Yamaha 02R96V2, AvalonAD2022, AvalonVt737sp etc... www.MrPollack.pl ,www.facebook.com/polak.bros.studio
Old 02-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Wrestling with the same problem with the attempts have been made in the above tricks.
Still does not help.

Once seemed that the drivers would be gone, but then announced that hardware missing ...

What does this do?
Will miss the old reel tapes.

Now if I could get a simple step by step instructions you need to check and how to do it.

Simble man need simble instructions :)

e.g.

1 see the BIOS version -> go to the start button, and open, etc. ....
Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM

hello everybody
i got the same problem i just installed an HD native card in my new intel I7 3930K with windows 7 pro 64 bits and after i installed PT9.0.1 HD i got message :i have to downgraded the firm of my HDnative card and when i try to launche the digitest later i got this message : you have to update the HD native card firm.

if i try the first : downgrade the firm i got an error message : Unexpected error occurred while transmitting a firmware image. Error found while verifying the write was done correctly . Error 1167

and if i try to update via teh digitest i load the native card flasher i start it then i got programming 100% 5 times and the cmd windows close

what i have to do ?
thks
Old 11-17-2012, 06:28 AM

Hello Hart07,

I'm wondering why you are getting this error since this was a huge problem that the card had when it was recently released by Avid, but later fixed in one of the updates from Pro Tools 9.0.5. somewhere around June of 2011.

As for solutions, I dunno if you read the following?

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en419331

Also have in mind that some PCs and some Macs with a particular configuration had problem to complete the update. If this is your case you might also want to look for an additional machine that does not includes the specifications involved in the error to make the update successful.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM

ok thks i made a reset firmware on my HD native card and all its ok now i launch pro tools hd 9.0.1

But it can't locate my hardware ( 192 I/O analog) why ?
my 192 is connected to my hd native and power on
i see led on 48( sample rate) and Int ( sync mode)
what i have to do now ?

thks