Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 PM

Default Touch All Armed Faders

I've been searching through trying to find out if anyone has addressed this, and I apologize if it's already been covered.

What I'm after is a function I vaguely remember from Flying Faders that mimics a finger touching every fader that is already armed for Latch mode with one button press. It just means that you can drop all of the armed faders into write mode instantly without having to actually touch them all. Sometimes in my workflow I want to be sure nothing on the desk moves, and dropping everybody into active write certainly does that.

The only workaround that occurs to me is to make a group out of all the armed faders, momentarily enable it, touch one member, and then disable it. Not terribly elegant, and risks bumping levels over a vast amount of channels. Perhaps I'm overlooking something embarrassingly basic and obvious. Anyone have a better idea?

Maybe something could be done with a snapshot--as I recall on the D-Control Option/Captre on a snap will put everyone into active write mode on recall, but it also resets everything else in the session.

Peter
Gypsy: PT Ultimate 2019.5, 12-core Mac Pro 3.46Ghz 64GB OS 10.14.5, HD Native, HD OMNI, 2 Artist Mix, EUCON 18.3, Presonus 32R, Studio One 4.5.1, Quad Eight preamps, Neve 3201 EQs, 2 LA-4s, Malone Design Works desk

Laptop: 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2.8 Core i7, 16G, PT 19.5 Live 9

www.remotewest.com
@RemoteWest
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Touch All Armed Faders

Hi-light The Tracks You Want, Option Shift "Touch".....
Can't Think Of Anything Else.... Besides, Working Over A Neve Was HOT!! No Mater How Much The Room Was Air Conditioned!!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Touch All Armed Faders

I distinctly remember rubbing my hands together over a VR to keep them warm. Pretty much the only part of the desk that was warm.

Was that catty of me?

I think the VR was the perfect expression of the absence of Rupert. Soulless, shamelessly temperamental, overblown. The Auditronics consoles Ed Greene put in BT1 and 2 sounded way better than that monstrosity.

Peter
Gypsy: PT Ultimate 2019.5, 12-core Mac Pro 3.46Ghz 64GB OS 10.14.5, HD Native, HD OMNI, 2 Artist Mix, EUCON 18.3, Presonus 32R, Studio One 4.5.1, Quad Eight preamps, Neve 3201 EQs, 2 LA-4s, Malone Design Works desk

Laptop: 10.13.6 MacBook Pro 2.8 Core i7, 16G, PT 19.5 Live 9

www.remotewest.com
@RemoteWest