Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Default Can not install PT 10 on Snow Leopard. Help aooreciated

SO I have an older computer (Mac 1,1) that has my old Apogee xsymphony32 card in it. I am in need of doing some high sample rate recording this weekend, so I thought I would fire it all back up and get my old pt10 running for the record.

I built a whole brand new partition and installed OS 10.6.3, upgraded to 10.6.7 (the final OS that will see the driver for the apogee xsymphony 32 card).

The compatibility grid shows multiple versions of PT10 as being certified with OS 10.6.7. I have installers for both 10.3.7 and 10.3.10 laying around. But I can not get either one to install. I get to the point where it says "preparing to install" and then a minute or so later it just returns an error message saying the installer failed to install and to contact the manufacturer. Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I had not installed the PACE ilok stuff yet, and thought maybe that was it, so I went and downloaded the legacy installer for snow leopard and that installer is giving me the same error. I can not install the PACE ilok or pro tools on to this system and I can not figure out why.

Anyone who has some insight on this within the next day or so is my friend forever!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Can not install PT 10 on Snow Leopard. Help aooreciated

Any reason you did a new partition on the machine?

I would boot into the original partition and then do a verify disk & repair disk (if necessary) on the new partition. Then do a repair permissions on the new partition.

Are you running as admin on the new partition?

QAPLA!
Old 10-20-2018, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Can not install PT 10 on Snow Leopard. Help aooreciated

did you ever get this resolved? i had the same thing happen with identical installers.

it finally installed after i ran all of the software updates on the 10.6.8 OS

so now 10.3.10 on 10.6.8 running just fine