Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-12-2020, 03:21 PM

Default Plugins in AvidLink app

Hi,
I'm not sure so I'd better ask. The plugins which appear in my AvidLink account (BBDDelay, Gray Compressor, Orange Phaser and all others) are a subscription or perpetual licenses? I have a perpetual licence of ProTools (the basic one, not the Ultimate) with an active suport plan. My question is - will I be able to use the plugins after the support plan expires? I know the AIR plugins are perpetual licenses.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Plugins in AvidLink app

Hey man,
I think you should write Avid an email.
Interesting question, I think the answer would be no.
Those plugins aren’t “standard system” components as far as I know, and I’m reasonably experienced.
Good luck, Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2020, 01:27 AM

Avid Stompbox Plugins are included in the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, which comes free with any Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate subscription.

https://www.avid.com/plugins/avid-co...cluded-Plugins

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...ku=DYNAPA20005

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-HEAT-License

Q: Who is eligible for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT?
A: Customers who have an active Pro Tools Subscription or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription are eligible. (This does not apply to all perpetual license owners with Update and Support Plans)

Q: When do my Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT licenses expire?
A: Your Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT licenses are connected to your Pro Tools Subscription or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription. Once your subscription expires, the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license will expire as well. (This also applies to the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle provided with a Pro Tools | Ultimate Update Plan - if the plan lapses, the Plug-In Bundle license expires even though your perpetual Pro Tools | Ultimate license continues to work.)

Perpetual Licenses - Stompbox Plugins from the Avid Store @ US $4.99 each:
https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__Products...e=&cclcl=en_US
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-13-2020, 02:05 AM

Thanks for your input. However your answer is not direct. I asked about the perpetual license of pro tools and, yes, the stomp Box plugins, your answer is wide and leaves space for speculations. The complete bundle is provided with Ultimate, not basic.

As I understand: for the perpetual PT owners they are free as long as the update plan is working. After the time (or you have an outdated PT such as 11 or 12) you have to buy them from the link you provided (each is $5). Right?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplaire View Post
... The plugins which appear in my AvidLink account (BBDDelay, Gray Compressor, Orange Phaser and all others) are a subscription or perpetual licenses?
The Stompbox Plugins you mentioned are available as both Subscription or Perpetual licenses

Quote:
I have a perpetual licence of ProTools (the basic one, not the Ultimate) with an active suport plan. My question is - will I be able to use the plugins after the support plan expires? ...

Q: When do my Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT licenses expire?
A: Your Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT licenses are connected to your Pro Tools Subscription or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription. Once your subscription expires, the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license will expire as well. (This also applies to the Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle provided with a Pro Tools | Ultimate Update Plan - if the plan lapses, the Plug-In Bundle license expires even though your perpetual Pro Tools | Ultimate license continues to work.)

Great plug-ins @ $4.99 each - get the ones you want - Perpetual licenses!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:24 AM

I’m sorry but you missunderstand me. Probably I am not precise enough in my question.

I’m not talking about subscription.

I have perpetual license for Pro Tools with a current update plan. There are several plugins (stomp Box plugins) in Avid Link available for me. Will they be available for me when the update plan is over?

Please, if you know, answer my particular question, not an overall answer about Subscription. I dont have the complete bundle nor Heat. Only the stomp Box plugins.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
...I have perpetual license for Pro Tools with a current update plan. There are several plugins (stomp Box plugins) in Avid Link available for me. Will they be available for me when the update plan is over? ...
No.

A “Bonus” license like a Stompbox Plug-In (or UVI Falcon) only lasts for the duration of your Update Plan – they’re not available when your Update Plan is over.

To see what type of licenses you have, install the latest version of iLok License Manager from https://www.ilok.com/#!home

Restart computer.

Connect your iLok and login to iLok License Manager.

Look through the “Type” column in iLok License Manager – a Perpetual license will be listed as “License”, whereas a “Bonus” license will be listed as “Subscription”.

If your Stompboxes are listed as “Subscription”, you have the choice of renewing your Update Plan (if Avid advertise that Stompbox Plug-Ins will be included in your renewal) – or not renewing your Update Plan, staying on the last version of Pro Tools visible in iLok License Manager and buying whichever US$4.99 Stompbox Plug-Ins you need.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-13-2020, 11:15 AM

You guys are mixing up the subscription and annual plan here.

The version the OP has is a Annual Plan (not called subscription) and when he stops paying and keep his Perpetual license of PT the same plugins asked about will indeed stop working and can be bought from Avid for $4.99 each.

Keep in mind that plugins like the stompboxes and Eleven will only work in Pro Tools as they are AAX64 only so if you buy the licenses for the ones you want and wanna try another DAW later on those plugins won’t work outside Pro Tools.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-13-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You guys are mixing up the subscription and annual plan here.
The version the OP has is a Annual Plan (not called subscription) ...
Already established in previous Post!

Although the OP has is a Annual Plan, the iLok License Manager license "Type" column lists bonus plug-ins that last the duration of the Plan as "Subscription" - such as Avid Falcon

The Stompbox Plugins are available as both Subscription and Perpetual licenses

Perpetual: https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__Products...e=&cclcl=en_US

And we wonder from whence the confusion doth emanate!
I heartily agree with those who feel there's way too much ambiguity for a process that should be simple & easy.

Last edited by unkJE; 01-13-2020 at 12:36 PM. Reason: A good friend once told me "Let's not confuse the issue with facts!"
Old 01-13-2020, 01:38 PM

Agree that this is way to convoluted and the fact that they change the wordings and versions pretty often doesn’t add anything but confusion to the table!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————