Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-02-2001, 05:19 PM

Default Lack of S/PDIF input selector...

greetings all,

choosing "setups>hardware" i should recieve a box from which i can choose the input mode from the Channel 1-2 pop-up. honestly, for my software...it's not there. i can choose the sync mode, but not the input mode. i need to change the input mode from analog to digital.

the goal is to record from my master DAT to PTLE using S/PDIF (coaxial).

any help with a work around would be great, this needs to get done by the end of Saturday...if i have to i'll go analog.

thanks for your time, cheers!

------------------
Сgî‡å£ Wàvèƒôrm
Old 02-03-2001, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Lack of S/PDIF input selector...

You should be able to select the S/PDIF L or S/PDIF R from the "Input" selection box on a normal track just like any of the analog inputs. Maybe I'm not understanding your problem...

Jason
Old 02-03-2001, 09:59 AM

greetings,

yes, i can select s/pdif from the channels, and change the sync.

maybe this will make it more clear what the problem is. go to START>PROGRAMS>DIGIDESIGN>>PROTOOLS>DOCUMENTATION> ProTools Reference Guide. Look on page 130, zoom up to the graphic on the middle right hand side. look at the graphics middle / top. it says on the top, "Channel 1-2 input" then there's a white pop up box letting you choose between analog and digital, below the channel 1-2 input there's another, saying "Sync Mode" with a white pop-up box letting you choose internal etc. my problem is that i don't have the channel 1-2 input slelector to change from analog to digital, but i do have the sync mode selector in it's place.

i believe i'm not getting level from my DAT because i can't find a way to change the input from analog to digital in Setups>Hardware in PTLE. in my multimedia properties however i did change the sync to digital.

hope this explains my problem a little better.

------------------
Сgî‡å£ Wàvèƒôrm
Old 02-03-2001, 10:24 AM

Digital Waveform,

I believe what you're looking at in the manual does not apply to the Digi 001 interface. Those instructions are for the 888/24 or the ADAT Bridge I/O interfaces.

On the Digi 001 there is no selection for alalog/digital on input Ch1 & Ch2 because there is no choice. Ch1 & Ch2 are always analog. The signal for those channels always come from the two inputs on the front of the Digi 001 I/O box.

What you need to do is select "S/PDIF L" on one audio track for the Left Channel audio, and on another audio track select "S/PDIF R" for the Right Channel audio. If you select Channel 1 and Channel 2 for your input source on these tracks you will always get the analog input from inputs 1 & 2. You make this selection in the mix window as you do with any other input source for an audio track.

I've been doing this for a while now. My MIDI sounds come into PTLE via S/PDIF, and it works without a hitch.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 02-03-2001, 10:37 AM

hm...well, i do go back and fourth between MixPlus and Digi001. but this is the first time i've tried to get DAT into the S/PDIF input of the Digi001 interface.

i've done what you're saying...in fact i felt pretty confident as a user of PT that i could make these things operate with no problems...i'll work on it...

------------------
Сgî‡å£ Wàvèƒôrm