Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2020, 04:29 AM

Default Fasttrack Pro inputs

I have been using a Fasttrack Pro for some time with Garageband on a mid 2010 Macbook Pro, just using it for single input multitrack recording. I now play with two other people and would like to do simultaneous multitrack recording requiring 5 tracks. I was hoping to run the output of my mixing desk in some way towards acheiving this. My Macbook does have two USB ports, and I do have a second device "IMic" which does work to have a second pair of inputs to the computer. I was wondering if I could use the insert jacks on the back of the Fasttrack to have an extra pair of inputs ? All the references I can find seem to refer to using these inputs with an outboard device such as a compressor. I am almost sure they are inputs, but if I connect my mixer output to them, it seems to disable the main inputs on the front panel. My mixer also has SPDIF , but I dont understand how to use that. Perhaps I am just being stupid, but I thought the Fastrack Pro was a 4in 4 out device?