How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 AM

Default C24 and Ethernet Switch

Hey Guys,

Up until now I've been using my C24 connected directly to my Mac G5. I am now in a situation where I need to be hooked up to the internet at the same time. Is it just as easy as getting a Ethernet Switcher and hooking it up with both the C24 and the DSL modem connected to my Mac. I have a session tomorrow where I need to run the set up. So any help is really appreciated.

All the best,

Mitch

Mitch

MacPro 2.44 8 Core

Mac OSX 10.10.5
PT 12.7
HD Native
SyncHD I/O
HD I/O
MIDI I/O
C24
Aja LiHi
Surround Setup
Old 08-30-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Re: C24 and Ethernet Switch

I'm sure there will be a hundred people warning you of the risks associated with connecting your system to the internet, so I won't pile on. Just understand the risks before you do so. That said, yes, it's really that simple. I would get a switch as opposed to a hub for potentially better performance, but in a simple scenario such as this the difference is minimal. either is pretty cheap so you might as well go with the switch.

Recent statistic - average time span from connection to internet to attempted access to your machine by unauthorized personnel: 6 minutes.