Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Default OT: where to find a rehearsal hall.

i live in houston area, you'd think big enough to find ample info on band rehearsal spaces.
so far no luck.
where is good place to find resources of the nature?
Guitar Center?
Yellow pages.
ive looked online yellow pages and searched google with every variation of 'band rehearsal practice space etc. etc.

anyone in houston here know some places.

and i mean a real band practice space not a storage space.

so far i've found ONE place..
it is only 10'X17' (seems a bit small to me), but it has A.C., sound treated, recording studio on site, also someone working there does webpage design and i believe they do cd duplication. Also, it is walking distance to Guitar center..

sounds great, lots of resources.. but it's 375 a month.. a bit steep considering its only me and one other person for now..
we want to get a place to start auditioning drummers and bass players.. so we might be stuck with that bill for a couple of months..

but i dont even know if its expensive cause i have nothing else to compare it too..

anybody with some info please help, or if you currently rent a place, anywhere, tell me the specs and prices so i know where this place stands..

thanks
tim w
Old 04-04-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: OT: where to find a rehearsal hall.

Quote:
...sounds great, lots of resources.. but it's 375 a month.. a bit steep considering its only me and one other person for now..
I think snaggin' it for that price would be worthwhile.
Do you think you can get a few other paying gigs to play there to cover the expenses?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:27 PM

yeh we play a duo about 2-3 times a month right now.. that alone more than covers the rent...
money isnt really an issue anyway, i just like to shop around on everything.. so i just would like some comparisons.. i mean i dont like to get ripped off whether i can afford it or not heh.

you make it sound like its a pretty good deal..
anyone else with any input.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:45 PM

There is a place in my town called the playroom, where this guy took a huge warehouse and divided it up into various size rooms. As small as 10x10 up to 20x30 with heavy doors that you can lock up. Rooms are treated somewhat and insulated from each other. The place is packed full of bands all that pay rent for space. It's a great idea I wish I had thought of it.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com