Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2002, 09:07 AM

Default large 96k project can\'t open

I have a large 96k session that was copied from another drive to my firewire drive. when i try to open it, it wants to convert all the files. They are wave files, I don't know why it wants to convert the files at this point. I don't have enough hard disk space to convert all files to get it open & see whats going on. Any ideas out there.

thanks richard
Old 09-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: large 96k project can\'t open

Formatting a FireWire drive with a third party utility can cause this behavior. For best compatibility with Pro Tools, format all FireWire drives using the Mac OS:

1-Backup all important data that is on your FireWire drive
2-Highlight the FireWire drive on the Desktop and choose Special>Erase Disk. Choose Mac OS Extended formatting and click OK.
3-Once the drive is formatted, disable/remove all third party FireWire extensions and restart the computer.

Also, if you are only using the FireWire drive for backup, be sure and unmount it before opening the session (PT may still be looking at the firewire drive for some files).

-You may also be dealing with a corrupt session. Launch Track Transfer (Digidesign>Pro Tools>Pro Tools Utilities), move the tracks into a new session document, open the new session in Pro Tools and see if the error persists.

Brent
Old 09-09-2002, 02:57 PM

Default Re: large 96k project can\'t open

We can get the session opened...
we haven't changed any of the set up...
we've opened the session with out the audio, then had it find the offline audio. so far so good.
it plays the audio fine. but when we try to close down the session it wants to convert the audio before saving session.
whats up?