How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2016, 04:20 AM

Default Please recommend: Need Plug-in bundles for mixing & mastering

Hi all,

I'm looking for new, upgraded plug-ins from the standard ones that come free with pro-tools and I would be extremely grateful if you could recommend some bundles that cost around £100 - £150 ($140 - $210)

I'm looking for stuff that you'd highly recommend for mixing and mastering, so eq's compressors, limiters etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-14-2016, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Please recommend: Need Plug-in bundles for mixing & mastering

www.masseyplugins.com

that limiter is golden. please pay for it if you like it, to support development
Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 AM

Check out waves.com as well.

Also Plugin Alliance, Flux and IK Multimedia.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:07 AM

Thanks, but does anyone have any plug ins they swear by and always use, like certain compressors and mastering limiters. I do a lot of dialogue work for example and im just using the standard plug ins that come with pro tools, and although very good, im looking to branch out and try new things..
Old 06-14-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matst1 View Post
Thanks, but does anyone have any plug ins they swear by and always use, like certain compressors and mastering limiters.
Well that Massey Limiter is as good as it gets, even though it is free. There are articles that you can google which have compared it next to for example TC System6000 and some cases the freebie won the competition.

IMO, you would really want to have Waves C6 and Sonnox Inflator in your arsenal as well.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but does anyone have any plug ins they swear by and always use, like certain compressors and mastering limiters. I do a lot of dialogue work for example and im just using the standard plug ins that come with pro tools, and although very good, im looking to branch out and try new things..
Start downloading demos and try for yourself until you find something that works for you, your ears, the music you mix/master and your pocket.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:56 PM

Some companies that offer excellent plugin products at affordable prices are DDMF, Tokyo Dawn Records, Klanghelm, Valhalla, LiquidSonics, and a few more. Each of these companies make superb plugins, so do not let the prices lead to believe otherwise. I would comfortably recommend any of those companies products for high end use.

DDMF offers a bundle price, but most of the other companies sell individual plugins. It's worth shopping for the individual plugins.

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for new, upgraded plug-ins from the standard ones that come free with pro-tools and I would be extremely grateful if you could recommend some bundles that cost around £100 - £150 ($140 - $210)

I'm looking for stuff that you'd highly recommend for mixing and mastering, so eq's compressors, limiters etc.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-14-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
www.masseyplugins.com

that limiter is golden. please pay for it if you like it, to support development
+1...except that there's still no indication as to when it will be available for AAX Windows. Until then....

Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
If you're looking for bundles at your price that might be difficult. A good bundle and one you won't go wrong with is Ozone 7 at $249 US which is a little over your budget.

Buying individual plugins will run over your budget in a hurry. Stillwell Audio has some good plugins at reasonable prices and their demo policy can't be beat.

For good prices check out Audio Deluxe as they often have some of the lowest prices out there. You have to be a member to get the prices but that doesn't cost you anything. And they often have sales on lots of different developers's wares, especially Waves.

QAPLA!
Old 06-14-2016, 03:09 PM

Thanks everyone for your input, i will be checking out these companies plugins. Much appreciated.