Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Default Re: The People Have Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
...people should stop whining about the price, and do like me buy PT10!
You've heard the expression, "Throwing good money after bad"?

At this point it's not about the money, "I won't buy 10 at any price!", he said in a calm, collected voice.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
Wow, that's a good read there,everyone should have a look at that considering investing in pt IMO! This is really very sad to see what's really going on inside this company..
That link is shocking. Amazing that we as customers could smell this out without having to read this.

Truly a shame. Stock closed at $6.08

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
That link is shocking. Amazing that we as customers could smell this out without having to read this.

Carl
Shocking that it's what I was talking about

Wave-T.com
Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 PM

You want all the credit don't ya

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
You want all the credit don't ya

C
Why not for once! naaaaa

Wave-T.com
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 PM

Maybe like Apple they need to bring back on of the original visionaries back to run Avid. I remember when we started out when all the competition ran on Fairlights and Audiophiles that cost $50K and up. Digidesign and PT gave us an open system that exceeded the big boys in power at a fraction in price. That allowed us to build the company we have today. Avid needs that lightning in a bottle again.

I also remember a very different Digidesign where you could walk in and be greeted by the CEO and sit down with tech support to work out your problems.

Sad to see that this is all happening now. They truly built and still build great tools. Both Apple and Avid, two companies responsible for building our business both changing maybe not in our best interest.

FWIW, I am transitioning our facility to PT10. There are still lots of people who do care inside Avid, going the extra mile to see us through. To let you know we are paying the same price everyone else pays despite having multiple systems. We would not be the company we are now without those tools.
www.hitproductions.net
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Apple gobbled up Avid soon for the right price!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Avid, needs there Steve Jobs.

They become too much like Microsoft, and are about to tank at $6/a share. Wall Street doesn't recommend buying Avid stock at all (bad).

I don't know what to say. They had a good idea with Protools 9, but Protools 10 was a cluster**k. They should of listen to customers, and done 64bit, and updated the audio engine, and done a rewrite, and waited two-three years before releasing it.

Facebook page is a flame, and wall street is picking up on this. If I were Avid's management, i'd worry less about media composer, and focus on keeping afloat. They've lost millions in a few months. The stock is worthless now.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Carl
Yeah.. All the stocks today and most other days were affected by the Greece situation. The Market is a bad place these days for everyone. Not sure it's that reflective of Avid's profits, but they have definitely lost money and value for sure:)
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 PM

Carnies,,,
said it years ago

Carnies.

Its about time for a big-ole-article in the the NY times, probably be a small one in mid section..

Press love jack arse corps and f-ed customers makes for killer ratings.

Or better how about an Occupy Avid Headquarters? Ha! Glorious.

Tech supp my condolences on being the pivot men in this side show.
BLA AGB,Autuer,Lucid,
MicroCLock, Pultec, UA, Sebatron, Focusrite, Trident,API, A-Designs, Purple Audio
Closed Thread