How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2010, 01:18 AM

Default Can I still swap out a monitor board / power supply for control 24

Hello tech support :)

Can you tell me what the price would be and if you can still swap out PS and Monitor boards for the Control 24? My monitor board is getting almost unusable (intermittent audio and noise). Please let me know asap as I will have some down time soon and would like to tackle the beast.

BTW, has anyone noticed if it's the board that goes bad, or the connectors?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Digi tech support: can I still swap out a monitor board / power supply for contro

Here's the pricing on the PSU as of yesterday, emailed from Avid:

"The Non-Warranty Repair cost of the Control|24 PSU is $350.00. You can send just the Control|24 PSU itself and it will be upgraded to the latest revision. The PSU would come back to you with a 90 day warranty.

"Alternatively, we can send you a replacement PSU under the Non-Warranty RushRequest service which is $500.00 and this PSU has a 1 year warranty. RushRequest service is not refundable and requires agreement to the terms of a general release of liability since an Avid agent is not installing the component."
Old 11-30-2010, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Digi tech support: can I still swap out a monitor board / power supply for contro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobson View Post
Here's the pricing on the PSU as of yesterday, emailed from Avid:

"The Non-Warranty Repair cost of the Control|24 PSU is $350.00. You can send just the Control|24 PSU itself and it will be upgraded to the latest revision. The PSU would come back to you with a 90 day warranty.

"Alternatively, we can send you a replacement PSU under the Non-Warranty RushRequest service which is $500.00 and this PSU has a 1 year warranty. RushRequest service is not refundable and requires agreement to the terms of a general release of liability since an Avid agent is not installing the component."
Thanks for the info. They used to send an advance one then I would send back the bad one for free. We have done this dance 3 times so far as Digi knew the PS design was at fault. Is this still available? Also, I need a new plastic button for my SAVE function, and I need a price on a swap of the monitor board.

Who do I call to order these parts from as it makes no sense to pay to talk to support to order parts?

Thanks to anyone out there who can help. I need to get my Control 24 back up to snuff ASAP. It's a great console, and I am very pleased that digi (sorry Avid) hasn't forsaken us and is still supporting it. That allows us to buy other more important upgrades! Thanks AVID!
Old 11-30-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hookailo View Post
Thanks for the info. They used to send an advance one then I would send back the bad one for free. We have done this dance 3 times so far as Digi knew the PS design was at fault. Is this still available? Also, I need a new plastic button for my SAVE function, and I need a price on a swap of the monitor board.
The free swap depends on your buy date. It's one year for the board, three additional for the PSU. If you're beyond four on the PSU, afaik you have to pony up. I'm on a Rev H from Mar04, and I'm hosed for the $350. Praps you're a later buy date, which would be good 4 U.

Quote:
Who do I call to order these parts from as it makes no sense to pay to talk to support to order parts?
I called the Avid support number and navigated thru to the parts purchasing dept., which means you don't blow $80 on an ASC or whatever it's called. If you know what parts you're after, then this is your route into the bunker. Fwiw the (new Avid) Rules are the Rules, and my support contact was gracious and timely on his replies. Taint his fault.

Quote:
Thanks to anyone out there who can help. I need to get my Control 24 back up to snuff ASAP. It's a great console, and I am very pleased that digi (sorry Avid) hasn't forsaken us and is still supporting it. That allows us to buy other more important upgrades! Thanks AVID!
GL Brother.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM

Smile Re: Digi tech support: can I still swap out a monitor board / power supply for contro

Thank you so much for your help Bob! I truly appreciate it! Long live our Control 24s!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Can I still swap out a monitor board / power supply for control 24

Hey Bobson, I'm getting the runaround from local repair shops. I have a rev h also and looking to get replacement psu, willing to pay whatever the cost. can you tell me where you were referring to to purchase?