How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-03-2021, 04:54 AM

Default Update 11.3 to 12.5 but no Virtual Instruments or NI plugging

Dear Anyone

First time DUC post.
I updated from 11.3 to 12.5 yesterday after many many multiple tries to get my sessions going there are no Virtual Instruments and purchased plugins. The installer for both Air and Virtual seemed to only allow one Air plugin at a time same with Virtual content. Desperate to get on..any help and Ill send you chocolate. Please!
Mixpre6ii
Old 02-03-2021, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Update 11.3 to 12.5 but no Virtual Instruments or NI plugging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela15 View Post
Dear Anyone

First time DUC post.
I updated from 11.3 to 12.5 yesterday after many many multiple tries to get my sessions going there are no Virtual Instruments and purchased plugins. The installer for both Air and Virtual seemed to only allow one Air plugin at a time same with Virtual content. Desperate to get on..any help and Ill send you chocolate. Please!
Did you download the separate installers for the vi's from your Avid account? I don't quite understand where you say you're only allowed one vi at a time. Do you mean you can only have one vi in a session? If so that's weird. If you mean you can only have one vi on an instrument track that's normal.

As to the NI stuff - did you let the installer put the plugins where it wanted to? The sample content for Kontakt you can put it wherever you want as you just have to tell Kontakt where to find it.

QAPLA!
Old 02-05-2021, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Update 11.3 to 12.5 but no Virtual Instruments or NI plugging

Sorry slow reply and vagueness
I am dyslexic
I attempted to upgrade from 11.3 to 12.5 and downloaded all from my account. I extracted all relevant files. The files are on my computer but no Virtual Instruments were available in the session instrument inserts . My Ableton and Max were available/and Air audio plugins. I submitted a request for support - I had an old support package never used – was informed I needed more RAM. Finances do not allow for this so I reinstalled 11.3 and I have same problem. Was then informed
to get £35 support.

Please direct me what to do or/and where the Virtual Instruments should be installed as this seems to be the problem since the files are there.

RAM 8GB
Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-4790 [email protected]
Operating Win7 Home Premium (64) bit
Mixpre6ii