Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 AM

Default PT 12.7 not activating!?! Please help!

Downloaded 12.7 & installed, however when firing up PT after PC restart, receive the message, "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed by your license.You can uninstall this version of Pro Tools and reinstall any version of Pro Tools that is supported by your license, or visit your MyAvid Account to renew your upgrade plan."

I am completely & utterly confused!?!

Our PT Annual Upgrade Plan is valid until 7th December 2017, as we recently upgraded in the first week of December 2016.

We did NOT upgrade the 7 Day Installation Support (is this the same thing as the Plug-ins and Support Plan????). That is saying 'Expired' in our account.
-Did we need to upgrade this as well to get the 12.7 update?? If so, what was the £80 spent on the Annual Upgrade Plan for??

Looking into the iLok side of things, I have synchronized our iLok in the License Manager, which says the Deposit Date was 28/09/16... but then in the iLok License Manager 'Unavailable' tab, it says our Avid 'Upgrades' Subscription is Unavailable, 0 of 1 activations used, Expiration Date: 09.12.16, and Refresh Subscription After 07.12.16..???? ....but I have renewed our PT Annual Upgrade plan!?!

Please forgive my naivety, but I am totally confused by ALL of this! Can someone please help, as this has cost me valuable studio time!

Many thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:49 PM

Default Re: PT 12.7 not activating!?! Please help!

Couldn't find your account based on your email or User Name.

Licensing changed in 12.6 so please check in iLok License Manager to see if you have the updated Pro Tools Perpetual... license/bundle, and that the Release Limit date (right+click > Details) is at least 12/21/2016.

If not, please contact support to provide your Avid account email and iLok user ID.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Re: PT 12.7 not activating!?! Please help!

I have a similar issue. I'm an ACI and was just given my iLok authorizations for PT12.7. Upon opening PT I'm asked to authorize my iLok, in trying to authorize in iLok license manager, the manager won't show my iLok in the "select a location" window. I can see the TRN-INSTRUCTOR-PT12 on my iLok, and also there are no iLok or computer icons highlighted in the iLok window.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.