Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 01-09-2018, 02:02 PM

Default Original MAudio Fasttrack No Input Signal

Hi everyone- I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have an old 2007 Macbook with Garage Band and the original MAudio Fasttrack. They have been gathering dust for a few years, but I wanted to record again and set them up today. However, I'm not getting an input signal from my guitar or my mic in the through the Fasttrack. I've adjusted knobs, checked cords and lines etc. and am still not getting anything. I can hear them through the headphones, and I have a green light for power - but nothing else. I have NO idea where to go from here.

Edited: I have tried searching, but have not found anything when I search. I apologize if this has been beaten to death in another thread.

Thank you!
-Mona

Last edited by Msterling05; 01-09-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Original MAudio Fasttrack No Input Signal

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-09-2018, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Original MAudio Fasttrack No Input Signal

Computer model and processor speed - CPU: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo (T7xxx)

CPU Speed: 2.0/2.16 GHz

CPU Cores: 2

FPU: integrated

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Register Width: 64-bit

Data Bus Width: 64-bit

Address Bus Width: 64-bit

Level 1 Cache: 32 kB data, 32 kB instruction

Level 2 Cache: 4 MB on-processor

ROM: EFI

RAM Type: PC2-5300 SO-DIMM

Minimum RAM Speed: 667 MHz

Onboard RAM: 0 MB

RAM slots: 2

Maximum RAM: 3 GB

OS version - 10.7.5
Avid hardware model - MAudio Fasttrack
Pro Tools version - n/a using Garage Band

Amount of Memory installed - 3GB? I'm not super computer savvy...

My MAudio Fasttrack is connected to the computer through a USB port. I have two 1/4 inch cables which both work, as I have tried them with various guitars and amps without problems. I have a Shure SM57 microphone.

I connected the MAudio Fasttrack to the computer. The power light is on. I connect my guitar using a quarter inch cable. The button on the back is depressed so that it is set for 'guitar'. Headphones are plugged into MAudio. Preferences are set on the Mac so that Audio input and output are through MAudio. Preferences are set in Garage band for the same. My knobs are set to the middle for mic input, part ways towards the 'input' side on the mix knob and in the middle for the output knob. I have tried pressing stereo and mono and neither knob has helped. I have tried different guitars (acoustic with a pickup and electric). I have also tried the microphone with identical results (or rather lack thereof).

My problem - I get no signal light or peak light and no input. I hear a hiss through my headphones, but nothing from the guitar. Since there is nothing coming in through the MAudio, I am also getting nothing in Garage Band.

Hopefully this answers all the particulars. Thank you in advance for any help!