Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Hang during 'Initializing Controllers'

I've search for this and while a number of threads resulted, none quite address my specific issue. I use a Soundcraft Signature 22MTK board as the (USB) audio interface to Pro Tools (12.7.1). Until a recent ungraceful power outage occurred, PT would successfully initialize the (USB) controller in very short order. Now, PT hangs at this part on the boot-up sequence. After 3-4 minutes, it goes on to finish the boot-up but none of the USB i-o channels are recognized (not by Windows Cntl Panel Audio Interface either (understandable, since that has to be there to begin with). I am fairly certain the reason is some kind of damage to the board's USB section, but what I want to understand is exactly what Pro tools is trying to do when and during the 'Initializing Controllers' phase of boot-up. Knowing this could be useful in troubleshooting / repairing the board's USB section. BTW, I've used different USB audio interfaces for troubleshooting with no hang, further supporting my supposition that the Soundcraft USB section is screwed up.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Hang during 'Initializing Controllers'

Having the same intermittent issue with Antelope Orion 32 (USB). Was happening on Sierra with PT2018.10 and now still with High Sierra and 2019.5.

Any idea why anyone?
Old 06-05-2019, 10:10 PM

I believe it's a Pro Tools software / Windows 10 USB issue. I had this problem using a Behringer UMC404HD with Behringers USB UM404 ASIO driver. When I deisconnected the Behringer and installed a Eleven Rack as the USB I/O the problem went away. I disconnected the Eleven Rack and reattached the Behringer and again the lagging at 'Initializing Controller" happened with Pro Tools essentially unusable. My Behringer works well in other audio apps.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinget View Post
I believe it's a Pro Tools software / Windows 10 USB issue. I had this problem using a Behringer UMC404HD with Behringers USB UM404 ASIO driver. When I deisconnected the Behringer and installed a Eleven Rack as the USB I/O the problem went away. I disconnected the Eleven Rack and reattached the Behringer and again the lagging at 'Initializing Controller" happened with Pro Tools essentially unusable. My Behringer works well in other audio apps.
Thanks tlinget. I have had a number of USB based issues recently. This would concur.