Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2017, 05:37 AM

Default Changing Session knocks Dock out

Hello, Wise Ones.

I have the Dock with iPad and an S3. All works well, then - not every time, of course - but most of the time, when I change session, the Dock faders does its whizz up and down; session loads and Dock fader drops to infinity.

iPad works fine - as do all the controls on the Dock. Touching the fader gets a window on the iPad. But the fader sits at infinity, and has no effect on the track level. Any thoughts?

Just a glitch? Live with it?

Old 09-05-2017, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Changing Session knocks Dock out

I experience this as well. I usually restart dock, but it hurts most when this happens with clients. I haven't noticed how to reproduce this bug. Happens at random when switching sessions.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artis View Post
I experience this as well. I usually restart dock, but it hurts most when this happens with clients. I haven't noticed how to reproduce this bug. Happens at random when switching sessions.
+1
Old 09-05-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsugi View Post
Hello, Wise Ones.

I have the Dock with iPad and an S3. All works well, then - not every time, of course - but most of the time, when I change session, the Dock faders does its whizz up and down; session loads and Dock fader drops to infinity.

iPad works fine - as do all the controls on the Dock. Touching the fader gets a window on the iPad. But the fader sits at infinity, and has no effect on the track level. Any thoughts?

Just a glitch? Live with it?

When this happens, have you gone to EuControl and checked what the Dock fader is assigned to? I sometimes notice that it comes up as "unassigned", and I simply update it to "attentioned" (and 'store' the setting in the next tab), and all is well. This rarely happens though since I use templates; but occasionally when opening a session from another system, it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits
Old 09-07-2017, 06:18 AM

I see this too. Don't power cycle, what I think is happening is the Dock fader assign is going from 'attentioned' to 'blank strip.' Switch it in EuControl Settings and you're good. I wish it would remember this.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:43 PM

I get this too.
It seems to be easily fixed by hitting the home button on the iPad which takes you back to the home screen. I then just hit the app icon and go back to the app. The fader jumps up and it's working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.spoonsound.com