How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-30-2019, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Plugins not scanning nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I'm thinking this is Apple thing as people have started reporting this kind of problems after latest Sierra security updates, iOS13 updates or whatever Apple related

Holy cow.

Already told you... all was working fine on Friday. And now it’s not. No other system changes. All OS updates were done and working. How is it an OS thing if the OS is the exact same?

And you saw where I put that this is on my Mac Pro? Why are you mentioning iOS? Completely different thing.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Well as janne suggested you may want to remove those or all 3rd party plugins and start adding by group isolating the ones giving error. Also checking for the lastest installers is really important.

Another wow.

Already said... latest installers. Already said have added the iZotope in by itself and removing it alone.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:36 AM

Understood so let get this straight. Did you removed all the 3rd party plugins ?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:41 AM

We are here to help you friend slow down i know its frustrating sometimes but if is a PT issue why i and a lot of others users dont have it? I have 2 mac systems and never saw that so we have to try and find tue cause on the system wich have it. There are somethings we dont have the same for shure and os ...the plugins. Came to mind anything running in background by itself?
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Understood so let get this straight. Did you removed all the 3rd party plugins ?

Why “all” as opposed to “problem ones”? I understand there are interactions to be had, e.g. the FB360 ones and Kontakt.

But again... this setup was working fine before the wipe. Plus some of these plugins, again e.g. Kush, have been around for a while without an update... around before AND after 64-bit AAX... so why would they throw an error now? Surely that would have been resolved some time ago.

Not trying to be argumentative, just analytical.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
We are here to help you friend slow down i know its frustrating sometimes but if is a PT issue why i and a lot of others users dont have it? I have 2 mac systems and never saw that so we have to try and find tue cause on the system wich have it. There are somethings we dont have the same for shure and os the plugins. Came to mind anything running in background by itself?

The issue is that you folks are suggesting things that I’ve listed as already being done. Perhaps you should slow down when you’re reading, take it all in, and suggest things OTHER than what the OP has been said before.

Beyond that, you’re not a friend or relative. I’m a nice guy, a kind and decent fellow, someone who may not be the brightest guy but maybe with at least half a brain. Please don’t tell me how to behave and I won’t tell you to behave either.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:47 AM

In the meantime, I’ve e-mailed Kush and iZotope. See what they say. I have no hope for Plugin Alliance support, plus I don’t use the offending plugins much, plus how could it be a PA plugin issue if all the rest of them scanned fine?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:24 AM

One of the reasons to try removing all third part plugins is you may have an errant plugin that is screwing the system up so badly it is causing others to fail to load. While very unlikely it may be worth excluding. E.g. I would try removing all plugins, let Pro Tools put back its default plugins. Then install only one of the plugins giving you problems... and see if it still does (pick the plugin vendors with best support ) ... if that fails it is an even more interesting case for their support. If not you have made progress.

After you did the clean install of macOS, did you use migration assistant to move anything like your user account? Do you have that on a separate drive? Or are you running this all from a new clean Admin account? There is a lot of state information potentially stored in ~/Library. PT Prefs gets the obvious ones, but may not get everything.

When weird stuff is happening remember to look through the system logs etc in Console.app for anything unusual.

Yep, we are clutching at straws, with no real clue what is happening.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-30-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
One of the reasons to try removing all third part plugins is you may have an errant plugin that is screwing the system up so badly it is causing others to fail to load. While very unlikely it may be worth excluding. E.g. I would try removing all plugins, let print tools put back its default plugins. Then install one of the plugins giving you problems... and see if it still does (pick the plugin vendors with best support ) ... if that fails it is an even more interesting case for their support. If not you have made progress.

After you did the clean install of macOS, did you use migration assistant to move anything like your user account? Do you have that on a separate drive? Or are you running this all from a new clean Admin account? There is a lot of state information potentially stored in ~/Library. PT Prefs gets the obvious ones, but may not get everything.

When weird stuff is happening remember to look through the system logs etc in Console.app for anything unusual.

Worse comes to worse I’ll do the one-by-one thing. But a) it’s like aiming in the dark with your eyes closed and hoping you hit the target, and b) we’re talking a few different plugins being affected, so now we’re talking permutations and combinations... series of 280+ plugins... I always hated finite math, but that equals a lot of time spent.

Brand spanking new OS, brand new Admin account. If I had something stale on my old setup, then it made it WORK... I’m now missing it, I guess.

I will maybe open Console when the scan happens, see what’s up. Thanks for the suggestion, very helpful.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:54 AM

I would try installing just one that fails now by itself, but beyond that do a binary search. I've found moving large plugin groups by vendor if that is possible works well.