Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 08-30-2016, 11:17 AM

Default PT 10 startup issue

Hello all. Im using PT 10.3.9 on windows 7. Sometime ago my computer decided to be deplorable and automatically updated to windows 10. Nothing worked at all and i had to system restore to 7 to make it so i could even open protools. Now protools will open and various parts of it work. But a lot of native plugins, maxim and several other VST's ( as well as on startup) give me the error message that the software requires installation of interlok drivers and a reboot. I tried going to paceap website but it was seriously impossible to navigate and find anything that seemed like it was the solution. Does anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

Reinstalling protools and trying to get all my VST's to work again sounds like a FLIPPIN nightmare, it was a miracle that i even got it in the first place - im not the most technically inclined but ill do my best to provide you with whatever info you might need. Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this bish right between the eyes. Furthermore, it says could not create TECE plug in factory default file because a DAE error was encountered, DAE error 0. Anyone got any idea?

Thanks.

DC
Protools 10.3.9

I love soul bay bay

Last edited by Danielc1990; 08-30-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Default Re: PT 10 startup issue

A couple of things - PT does not use vst format plugins. PT10 uses RTAS and/or aax32 format plugins. Second - make sure your iLok is plugged into a working USB2 port; Windows by default has power saving enabled for USB ports and that needs to be turned off in Windows Control Panel.

Third - and this is the most important - turn OFF automatic updates. Never, EVER let a computer do updates on it's own. Thankfully you had a restore point to go back to. Something else to do is once you get your system back and working like it should is to get an external hard drive and make a bootable clone of your system drive. This last bit of advice is as important as turning off autoupdate.

Google is your friend on dae errors.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:27 PM

And, you might try uninstalling PT and re-installing using the compatibility option for Win 7 Remember, whenever you uninstall PT, always check the box to also remove the HD driver,no matter what hardware you actually use or have.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-31-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
And, you might try uninstalling PT and re-installing using the compatibility option for Win 7 Remember, whenever you uninstall PT, always check the box to also remove the HD driver,no matter what hardware you actually use or have.
Something else I'd recommend is taking a trip through the Windows Registry with CCleaner and remove any leftover PT-related entries that don't get removed by the uninstaller.

QAPLA!