Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2016, 05:29 AM

Default Re: How many of you will keep your HD plans current?

My plan expired 11 days ago. Still have some time to update it so I ordered from closest dealer (Thomann) I could get the best deal from and was shocked to see that they sent me a boxed version as they say - aren't allowed to sell downloadable updates from AVID.
Now week later I'm still waiting for it to arrive, not sure how much time I have left to update before it asks for reinstatement and not sure how much more will it further cost with customs and handling fees. It is frustrating to say the least. If anyone knows how long do we have to update after the original expiration please tell me. So at least I can return this boxed update immediately to Thomann if it arrives too late.
RME DigiFace USB
Apogee Rosetta 200
Old 06-28-2016, 06:24 AM

30 days.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:38 AM

I missed my upgrade date by two days because my Sweetwater sales rep never returned my email.

I'm not paying $1000 to renew (I was told there was nothing they could do) until it's absolutely needed.

If Avid does a "we want you back" promo I would pay the $400, but $1000 is too much to pay right now for support that I don't use.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 06-28-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
30 days.

Excellent! Thank you. At least it won't expire before package arrives.
RME DigiFace USB
Apogee Rosetta 200
Old 06-28-2016, 11:02 AM

I dropped out in May and won't be renewing. I sold all my HD hardware and went to UAD. I just don't see any value in it anymore. Over priced with less features. I still have my perpetual HD license but if I do get back in it will be with Vanila. I'm really liking Studio One 3 Pro right now! Work is a lot faster and it is much more stable. Not a single error or crash since I've been using it. The few extra HD features I can do without. They could have done a better job with HD Omni. To charge so much for limited input/output is crazy. I thought having the HD hardware integration with software would give me some advantage but not!
Old 06-28-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion View Post
I dropped out in May and won't be renewing. I sold all my HD hardware and went to UAD. I just don't see any value in it anymore. Over priced with less features. I still have my perpetual HD license but if I do get back in it will be with Vanila. I'm really liking Studio One 3 Pro right now! Work is a lot faster and it is much more stable. Not a single error or crash since I've been using it. The few extra HD features I can do without. They could have done a better job with HD Omni. To charge so much for limited input/output is crazy. I thought having the HD hardware integration with software would give me some advantage but not!
Sorry to see you leave after all these years. Best of luck to you.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-28-2016, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Sorry to see you leave after all these years. Best of luck to you.
I'm not completely gone yet! I still use the Pro Tools HD software. Just got out of the Hardware. Like I said before in other threads I may get back in with vanilla once things iron out but I'm done with there HD hardware. I must say I'm not loyal to Avid or any other audio company. If they want to keep me as a customer the've got to do better. There are a lot of other options out there these days.

Last edited by zion; 06-28-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:56 PM

i let mine expire. i don't plan to reinstate it until such time as Avid changes their tune.

usually i'm pragmatic about this stuff- $400/year to keep my license current? not a huge amount of money.

but in my opinion, Avid's been chronically absurd these past few years, and at a certain point i have to vote w/ my wallet.

specifically- the noise blast thing, and Avid's expectation that i should pay to get that fixed, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

i'm not willing to do business that way.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:02 PM

I got my HD license with a plan in February.
Plan runs out 2/2017. Ask me next February...
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 06-28-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan jetter View Post
specifically- the noise blast thing, and Avid's expectation that i should pay to get that fixed, was the straw that broke the camel's back.

i'm not willing to do business that way.

I’m with you, 100%.

That is why I must keep asking Avid to give all owners of Pro Tools 12 a free update to whichever version of Pro Tools 12 includes the fix for the Noise Blasts issue.

Without this free update, some customers may be left with a product that could potentially damage their (and others’) hearing.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!