Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2010, 03:03 PM

Default I see no signal but I hear a sound.

When I audition a vocalist to observe his/her levels while playing back all the instrument tracks I see no signal for the vocalist. When I audition a vocalist while no instrument tracks are playing back I see a signal for the vocalist. What's going on here? I want to see a signal for the vocalist in both scenarios. Can anyone help?

i5 processor, win7, PTLE 8.0.4, Mbox2
Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Default Re: I see no signal but I hear a sound.

You have Auto-Input monitoring set(which is usually the way you would work). Alt-K to toggle to Input-only monitoring>set your levels(just into the yellow), then switch back to Auto-Input for recording and punch-ins.

Option 2-just go ahead and start recording>set you level>hit STOP and immediatly hit Ctrl-Z(that will undo the recording and delete the new audio permanently).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You have Auto-Input monitoring set(which is usually the way you would work). Alt-K to toggle to Input-only monitoring>set your levels(just into the yellow), then switch back to Auto-Input for recording and punch-ins.
I tried Input-only and Auto-input monitoring both but every time I press the play button the signal goes away yet I can still hear sound.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Sorry albee1952. You were right. The problem was that I had the track in mute. But the new problem now is I get an echo. How do I stop that? By the way thanks for your help.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:06 PM

Use the Mix Knob.

Lower your Buffer.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-29-2010, 12:35 AM

Just a quick question. How I can enable the Auto-Input monitoring?

To listen the signal of one track, I need to arm it to record, no other way to listen the signal without that. If I press Alt+K nothing happens (but a green light turns on). Is there a option to hear the signals without needs to arm the selected track? Thank you!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritono9 View Post
Just a quick question. How I can enable the Auto-Input monitoring?

To listen the signal of one track, I need to arm it to record, no other way to listen the signal without that. If I press Alt+K nothing happens (but a green light turns on). Is there a option to hear the signals without needs to arm the selected track? Thank you!
What you are doing is correct, but it counts on a couple of other details at the same time. If the track is muted, that over-rides everything else. And, the MIX knob is always in play to some degree. If your computer will handle the load, set the buffer to 128 and the MIX knob all the way to Playback. That should make the latency liveable. This is the main reason I try to encourage folks to go with the firewire interfaces. They simply work better for serious types. If you are wrestling with punch-ins, it would probably be more efficient instead to create new playlists and record several passes; then use the track comping feature(assuming you have PT8) and build a good comp. I think that will be easier than fighting the Mbox shortcomings.(actually, its not the fault of Mbox, specifically, this affects most any USB audio interface due to the speed of the USB bus).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave