Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Protools Uninstall/Reinstall issues

If you get the error... "Digidesign Audio Drivers appear to be installed on this computer. The Protools driver versions are not compatible with installed Digidesign audio Drivers. Please use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to uninstall the existing Digidesign Audio Drivers and restart this computer before installing Protools" ...

then you need to do...

A:
Open your Pro Tools DVD.
Open the map 'Drivers'.
Click on 'Digidriver.exe'
Choose 'uninstall'.

Restart your computer; your Digidisign box has to be pluged into the computer.

B:
After the restart... Don't pay attention to the pop-up massage on your screen from the 'wizard'.

Go to the ‘device manager’ of your computer (go to 'start' on your computer screen, then right click on 'my computer'…)

If you see…
- Digidesign midi driver
- Digidesign audio driver
… in the list of audio devices, then right click on them , go to ‘properties’ and choose ‘uninstall driver’.
If you don’t see them in the list, then just close the device manager.

Restart your computer and disconnect the Digidesign box.

C:
1) Open your Pro Tools LE DVD, and open the map 'Drivers'. In this map you see files with names like: 'dalwdm.inf' / dalwdm.sys / ...

Leave this map open for now.

2) Go to 'start' on your computer screen, and click on 'my computer' and then click on the 'C' hard drive icon, and then on the map 'Windows'.

Now click on the search button on the top of your screen (icon with a magnifying glass) and type in the search field: dalwdwm.inf
Press enter.

The search divice will find several places in windows where this file 'dalwdwm.inf' is still installed. Just click on the different search results and delete these dalwdwm.inf-files.

Now type the next filename in the search field: dalwdm.sys
Press enter.

Etc...

Conclusion: what you got to do is manually search all the files in the C:\WINDOWS map that are mentioned in the 'Drivers' map of you Pro Tools DVD and delete them from your harddrive. Once this is done, you can install Pro Tools (LE 7.3) again. The error message is gone.

But… one problem remains… at 100% the reinstall will stop at the display "Protools LE 7.3 is configuring your new software installation" ... and Pro Tools will not be reinstalled properly.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 AM

Default Re: Protools Uninstall/Reinstall issues

If the installation of pro tools software stops at 100% and doesn't go on anymore, then...

Go to your 'control panel', then to software, and remove with your add/remove tools 'Windows Media Player 11'.

The program will not be removed, but set back to its original version 'Windows Media Player 9'.

Restart your computer.

Now install pro tools (7.3; on a WXP computer) again; your installation will be completed this time.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 PM

Question Re: Protools Uninstall/Reinstall issues

So I uninstalled Protools an when I try to reinstall It I get this. F:\PROTOO~8\setup.exe Error performing inpage operation. Ive looked for left over digidesign/avid programs an I see none. Can someone help me figure this out please?