Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2014, 05:11 PM

Default getting another trial license for 11?

hi all-

got a trial license for 11 HD a while back, used it, and never purchased 'cause of all the ADC problems (still running 10.3.8 over here...)

i'd like to get another trial license and put ADC through its paces for a couple weeks before spending $600 on the upgrade.

given all the initial issues w/ 11, has anyone had any luck getting an additional trial license? any thoughts on how to go about that?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Default Re: getting another trial license for 11?

I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't even run my 30 day trial cause of crashes.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:59 AM

bumping 'cause it's been a while.

my initial demo of PT 11 was a mess w/ VI ADC, and so i didn't buy it.

since it's ostensibly fixed, i'd love another demo license, so i can see if it'll work on my rig before i drop $600 on the upgrade.

anyone know who to contact in regard to this sort of thing?
Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 AM

Make a new iLok account if your needs are pressing.

Think of it as 'emergency demo iLok2'. Slate is giving away a free iLok2 with some of his plugs if you get the box version. Or buy one for $40?

YMMV but doing this can help you out if your iLok ever dies.

I haven't heard of anyone getting a 2nd demo for HD11. If AVID did this, it would probably be promoted as "take another look at PT11 on us".

Slightly off-topic:
To date, I've had two iLoks die(cease to be seen/recognized) and one was without ZDT and it wasn't fun at all. Now that ZDT is down to $30 (from $50) I believe it is worth it.

I am firmly on Pro Tools HD10.3.7 due to the bugs AND the dropping of support for my beloved ProControl. A recent poll on Pro-Tools-Expert shows more of us are on 10 than 11 as of last month...
Old 09-02-2014, 06:43 AM

my needs aren't pressing.

i want Avid to admit that 11 was screwed, that the remaining problems will be fixed, and that i as an engineer and audio educator should have a chance to see those fixes firsthand before i pony up another $600.

i've never really complained before about the way they do business...always just written it off as the cost of doing business.

but even a year after 11 comes out...i'm still on 10.3.8 'cause of the ADC stuff. my college students are still using 10.3.8 for their labs/lessons because using audiosuite crashes PT in 11.2.1

it's easy to get another iLok account, sure. but that's not really my goal. i'm not willing to reward bad corporate behavior, and not willing to send more $$$ their way until i'm getting what i pay for. even at Avid's roughest moments, they're still a $300 million publicly traded company. they need to get it together and have their product work like it should.