Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 AM

Default Mixtape CD Track Markers?

When making a mixtape I'm working with several tracks (e.g., one track for every song on the mix, so that I can tweak each song individually), being that this is a continuous mix where regions are overlapping is there a way in Pro Tools that I can add "CD Track Markers" where I want the mix to be split up for burning to CD?

Thanks in advance,
Old 05-20-2009, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Mixtape CD Track Markers?

I think that programs like CD Architect and Sound Forge do that. Not PT, as far as I know.

HP Pavilion P6000, AMD Athlon II X2 240 (2.8GHz), FOXCONN 2AB1 MoBo, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS, Two WD Caviar Black Internal500 gig, One WD External 300 Gig, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, SD2, Metal Foundry, Focusrite Saffire 6, PT 9.03 (stable), Gibson Les Paul Studio (Drop D), Fender Tele (nashville tuning), hand built Carvin Bolt (finished!)
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 PM

Yes, I also use the similar Cool Edit/Audition, which does it. It would be convenient to at least find a way to have the regular Markers in PT carry over in the bounced wave file, so I could then convert them to CD track Markers in Audition? Any suggestions on that?
Thanks
Old 06-20-2009, 09:00 PM

Are there any special crazy effects you're doing to the tracks at the overlapping point? If not, most CD creation programs offer a form of track overlapping. If you're just doing basic fade in/fade out overlapping you can do all of it within the application you use to burn your CD. I use Nero, and I've done it plenty of times and it sound great. Just bounce your individual tracks from Pro Tools and do everything else in your buring application.