Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 01-19-2017, 06:54 PM

Default HD OMNI not showing up in Hardware / Playback Engine Tab.

Hello,

Currently trying to have PT12 recognize my HD OMNI in session, here is my current setup:

HD Native Thunderbolt Port 1 ----> HD OMNI Primary IN.
HD Native Thunderbolt Thunderbolt out ----> Mac Mini 3Ghz (10.12 OS Sierra).
AVID HD OMNI Optical out ------> Saffire Pro 40 Optical IN
Saffire Pro 40 Optical out--------> HD OMNI Optical IN.
Saffire PRO 40 Firewire 1 Out -----> Mac Firewire adapter ---> Thunderbolt IN.

Essentially, I have been working on slaving a Pro 40 to the OMNI via ADAT.

I have successfully installed PT HD12 as well as the AVID Hardware driver on my system along with a computer restart. Also registered my Digilink license.

When I open A PT12HD session it only shows up with 'Pro Tools Aggregate IO' option for hardware and playback engine setup.

When I initially installed the AVID HD Driver the OMNi hardware setup box did pop up, but as standalone (not within PT).

Can someone please help me fix this issue? I really want to hear my new Neumann KH120's .

Thank you,

Ryan Murphy
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:16 PM

Default Re: HD OMNI not showing up in Hardware / Playback Engine Tab.

What exact version of Pro Tools 12? I'm betting its 12.6 or 12.7 and you are not aware of the new DIGILINK license that needs to be moved to your iLok. Hopefully that license is sitting in your account waiting to be activated.

Having said this(and I HOPE it is your solution), I sure wish Avid had nixed this bad idea before it went public Either that, or send a detailed email notice to every registered HD software user

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-19-2017, 07:57 PM

Two things:

1. You have your Saffire hooked up by firewire. That may be causing some confusion if Protools is seeing that as the interface. You can't use the Saffire as an interface along with the HD Omni/HD Native combo. You can use the Saffire in standalone mode as a preamp/converter.

2. Whether or not that's the problem, try holding down the "N" key when you launch Protools. Hopefully HD Native will show up as an option, and you can select it (you won't have to do this again).
Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 PM

Yeah I had to activate the digilink license that fixed the OMNi issue.

Now for the Pro 40, my question is... If it has to have the firewire unplugged, can I still use the headphone outputs for tracking? granted... I won't have my mixer available...

Thank you for the first solution!

Cheers.