How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Default Reason now offering VIs in VST/AU formats

Okay, I'm a little behind the times here, but it appears that Reason is starting to offer some of their VI rack extensions in VST/AU formats for any DAW. Yes, you read that correctly. The first seems to be their VI Europa. I've only used it briefly when beta testing Reason 10. But, since I haven't made the jump from 9.5 to 10 yet, I haven't really used it. However, it is a nice sounding VI with some interesting features. I'd love to see them make Alligator, Scream, Thor, and Maelstrom available as VSTs as well. Seems that the P-heads have really been opening things up! If only they would make it possible to host VSTs in the their rack with Reason in slave mode...alas!