Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Amplitube problem.. Please help.

hey,

I've used Amplitube in the past but always version 1.0 I think... and I jstu got the 1.3 version installed on my new studio comp.. but theres a problem. Everytime I enable the plug-in... It converts the mono track to stereo... and its only on one of the channels so i have to pan the left speaker to the center. Does anyone know why this is happening? Did i install it wrong or something... or hav some wierd setting on taht i don't knwo about? Its really annoying.. I'm probabyl goig to have to figure out where my 1.0 version is and install that ... but if i can fix this then I'll be ok. Hope you can help. cya.

Jonny
Old 06-14-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Amplitube problem.. Please help.

I'm not sure why Amplitube does that either. But mine converts a mono to a stereo for some reason. However, I don't have those panning issues. Did you uninstall 1.0 before upgrading? What about cleaning up the Pro Tools preferences?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:36 AM

Cleaning up PL Preferences? hmm... How do i do that? Ano I didn't have 1.0 on this computer.. this computer was put together liek 4 days ago. ha ha. I'm very happy with this comp. AMD 64 3700+ San Diego w/1gb ram, 2 SATA150 drives and dual display... I dunno if i have everything tweeked right.. I get 32+31 with the 5 plugins on all tracks and aux (the DaveC test i'm talking about.) I was kinda upset taht i only get 28 tracks with the 5 plugins on all tracks at 96/24. But whatever... I'll see how it goes. Anyways... This amplitube thing... Mine splits it to stereo... but it doesn't USE the stereo it keeps it on one channel... if it used the stereo i woudlnt really care(except it uses more CPU time... But... I wish it was just liek before with the normal mono signal being processed.. and I just looked after i posted and my 1.0 stuff is missing. :-(. Help please...

Jonny

P.S. if there is a special way to make it utilize the stereo processing let me know please.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:51 AM

Amplitube can be used as a Stereo/ Split Mono plugin as long as you are using one of the processing components (like the built in delay) in Stereo.

~ J
www.readyacoustics.com
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 AM

hmm... yeah.. i see how it does that.. but i dont' need it to be stereo i want it to be only mono like before... is taht possible.

Jonny
Old 06-15-2005, 02:35 PM

I think Amplitube (1.3) always converts the output of your mono track to stereo, whether or not the stereo effects in Amplitube are on or off...

You might as well turn off any stereo effect on the Amplitube and ignore it's a stereo output?

What I did yesterday was disable any stereo FX and then bounce one of the 2 outputs (they should be the same).....
Old 06-17-2005, 01:04 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Is it just me, or is this ridiculous? If I want a stereo track, I'll create a stereo audio track and utilize Amplitube as a stereo/split mono plug-in. If I want a mono track, please let me use Amplitube as a true mono plug-in. Maybe I'm missing something. I just don't understand why it's necessary for all Amplitube tracks to become stereo.

On another note, I've noticed that I'm not able to turn on any of the stomp boxes or post-amp FX. Would this be related to some sort of mono/stereo incompatibility?
Old 06-18-2005, 08:21 AM

yeah i feel the same way... why take double the CPU time when it is goig to be panned to one side anyways.