Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Default 002 Rack not being detected, can\'t install drivers

I have an Athlon XP 3200+ with 1GB RAM in an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe. The recommended firewire card is detected successfully and I can plug firewire devices into it and use them successfully.

I have plugged my Digi Rack 002 into power, powered it up, and plugged it into the firewire card.

The Sample rate then appeared, and Windows detected new hardware.

I couldn't find my CD at the moment, so I clicked to let windows search the internet for drivers.... during that search, windows froze up. I had to reboot.

Now after the reboot, the Protools Digi Rack 002 is no longer showing a Sample Rate, and Windows no longer sees it either. I search for new hardware, and none is found.

The firewire card is still working, as my external hard drives work fine with it. The firewire cables are both tested fine.

I now feel like I have a $1200 Paperweight :'( I don't know what to do, i even did a system restore, and made sure no funky drivers are in the add/remove programs list.

The Rack just won't show up in windows xp for me to install drivers, and no sample rate light is on. What do i do?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:21 PM

Default Re: 002 Rack not being detected, can\'t install dri

call digidesign. part of your $1200 paid for technical support and warranty.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: 002 Rack not being detected, can\'t install drivers

Quote:
I couldn't find my CD at the moment, so I clicked to let windows search the internet for drivers
The Getting Started Guide specifically tells you how to install Pro Tools -- and that's not how it's done. You need your Pro Tools disk if you want to install Pro Tools... or download the standalone ASIO or WaveDriver from the downloads section and install them.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 02-18-2006, 01:30 AM

I realize I did not install correctly, but when now attempting to start from scratch by the book, (i have uninstalled all protools components in windows...)

I plug in the power to the 002 rack and turn it on, and at that point, the book says on page 10,

"After a short power-up sequence the Sample Rate LED and Monitor Mute switch illuminate to indicate the unit is on."

Well, at this point, the Mute switch is red, but none of the Sample Rates are turned on.

When I continue, and connect the firewire cable into one of the back ports, connect to the firewire card, and then turn on the computer and log into windows xp, the unit is still not showing a Sample Rate LED, therefore I am not even able to install the drivers from the download page... it says to turn on the hardware and try again, but it's already on.

Is the hardware faulty?
Old 02-18-2006, 09:24 AM

It might be the dreaded power supply harness problem. Call tech support and they'll overnight you a new harness.