Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2020, 06:56 PM

Default Undesirable space gap in the beginning and end of a track when bouncing or exporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
As an experiment, do the bounce at the same sample rate and bit depth as the session. Then go to the CLIPS bin and use Export Clips as Files, set the output format to MP3 and see if that adds the blank at the front of the clip

It will. It’s not a PT thing.

Years ago Apple added a function in iTunes to overlap lossy files on playback so that albums created without gaps for continuous playback wouldn’t have a slight pause when being played.

Think DJ Mix CDs or atmospheric tails that bled in to the next track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2020, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Undesirable space gap in the beginning and end of a track when bouncing or export

1 the exported mp3 file adds a noise before the audio starts, no matter if by bounce or export

2 the delay to start the audio is less in 320kbps mp3 compared to a 128 kpbs mp3

3 the total duration of mp3 files in different resolutions are the same

Image 1 - Comparing wave vs mp3 after importing

Image 2 - Comparing channels 2 and 3, the delay difference between mp3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (49.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (31.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-30-2020, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Undesirable space gap in the beginning and end of a track when bouncing or export

Hmmmm, one more reason to hate mp3

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-02-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Oh. You didn’t mention you were converting it to MP3.

My advice - don’t. You’ll ALWAYS have a bit of silence, at least at the start. There’s no way around it. Using a third party won’t fix that.

If you want the files to loop perfectly, keep them in a lossless format like wav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My account was bugged and I was writing in my friends account igorcomerio (thank you brother).

Well, the thing is: the game developer asked me the format they want to work, and the format is mp3 320kbps, 48 sample rate. If I choose lossless format, the game would be incredibly big.
So, my workaround was bouncing em WAV in Pro Tools to ensure the in and out point was precise, and then making the mp3 in a third party. A pain in the ass, but that´s what came to me to solve the problem.

I am sending this topic to the avid software engineers to see what can be made out of this.