Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 PM

Default select playlist shortcut

anybody got a good keyboard shortcut for selecting track playlists? "next/previous playlist" would be kickass, yes? i've got quickeys and ikey.

tia.

j-hi
Old 02-11-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: select playlist shortcut

Not easy to do (unless somebody else has figured it out). No key command to access this. Has to be a mouse point/click.

In the past I have made a quickey to do this but since it requires a mouse point/click (on an exact location) it also requires that the screen (ie: edit page) is in EACTLY the same place every time. So it's not a very stable thing to acquire.

I'd be interested if anyone else has found a solution.

Seems strange that such a powerful feature in this software is so difficult access quickly.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:10 PM

that is exactly my kludge as well. click/drag relative to window.

talk about a drag...

j-hi
Old 02-11-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
anybody got a good keyboard shortcut for selecting track playlists? "next/previous playlist" would be kickass, yes? i've got quickeys and ikey.

tia.

j-hi
A request that myself and others asked for on the 'Pro Tools 7.0 feature wish list' thread.

Fill out the 'Feature Request Form' for a short cut for this. I sent one in a few times.

I like the new shortcut to select edit playlist. We need something similar for track playlists instead of mousing around all the time.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Also a shortcut for "hide selected tracks" and "solo selected" too. Its a pain finding the solo button on one track on a big screen, especially on minimised tracks. If anyone knows of a shortcut for these please post.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Also a shortcut for "hide selected tracks" and "solo selected" too. Its a pain finding the solo button on one track on a big screen, especially on minimised tracks. If anyone knows of a shortcut for these please post.
Hi there,

although there is no "solo selected" and that is a feature I really miss there is a 'lame work around' for auditioning individual tracks: Shuttle lock at standard speed (control + numeric 5 or simply 5 if in shuttle mode) will allow you to hear two tracks on their own. It's not ideal but it's much faster than the old vermin.

Mr. X
Old 03-10-2005, 02:35 AM

Thanks. That's some help. I guess the two waveforms have to be next to eachother like entering scrub via holding down control?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:52 AM

Hi,

if your edit selection goes over two tracks it will play both (provided they are two voices) if you select only one it will play only one. I haven't tried if they need to be next to each other. You can select skipping tracks but I'm not sure if that will affect scrub.

Mr. X