Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Warp midi? Or tap tempo map?

looking for a technique to:
warp midi like i can warp audio…
i like to play midi keys and drums into pro tools with no click
would like to come back and straighten out the timing…

if it were audio, i would just use warp…whats nice is if you stretch a 2 bar passage, the rhythm in the bar stays consistent…..is there a way to accomplish this with midi info?

DP has a function by which you create a tempo map by tapping in real time....that would also be a useful technique here, but i cant find it in pro tools....

thanks,
rob
Old 03-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Warp midi? Or tap tempo map?

So what you want to do is line up the Bar\Beat grid in PT with the "live" MIDI performance, correct? If so, a couple options for you:

1) You can use Beat Detective on MIDI to Generate Bar | Beat Markers

or

2) You could set the MIDI tracks to be Sample-Based instead of the default Tick-Based, this will prevent any Tempo map changes from moving the MIDI data, and then create your own Bar | Beat markers and drag the BB Mrkrs to line up with the MIDI
.: Pro Tools Certified Instructor
.: Pro Tools Expert Certified in Music