Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2016, 07:02 PM

Default Import audio: "same unique identifier, ProTools must stamp" .. then plays wrong audio

I have a session where I started by importing a WAV file about 50 minutes long. The first import worked.

After that, I have tried to import new audio files into the session. Every single time I get the message that the file "has the same unique identifier as a file already in this session. Pro Tools must stamp this file with a unique identifer in order to use it".

So I go ahead and click the "Stamp File" button. Then what happens is that the newly imported audio clip will not play the correct audio when I put it into a track ... it instead plays the audio from the first imported file!

I noticed that when I try renaming the clip, I can see that under "Clip Info" the "Parent File" is, in fact, the first imported file, not the file I imported. (And it makes no difference if I import it to the clip list or to a new track.)

I've tried importing files with different formats (like MP3) with the same result. And when I select "Reveal In Workspace" and play the file from there, it actually plays the correct audio.

This is a pretty obvious bug and a bad one, at that. Audio import to a session is completely broken for me after the first import.

I'm using Pro Tools 12.4 in Windows 7 (64 bit).