Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Default Pro tools question I could not find the answer to.

Hey guys..New from Los Angeles CA. Lifelong MAC and logic user but recently got a HP laptop with pro tools 12.5 I believe. Focusrite scarlett 4i4 into Studio monitors.
So far I get sound, it recognizes the interface, I can record and it plays back, which leads me to believe all my in/outs are set correct.

However. If I create a click track no sound come out of the click?

Also when playing I hear the clean signal going in to the interface simultaneously as the plug in sound?....But when playing back I only hear the correct plug in sound?

Anybody might have any ideas of faulty settings I might have or any other input I would greatly appreciate it.

Stefan
Old 05-07-2020, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Pro tools question I could not find the answer to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan in LA View Post
Hey guys..New from Los Angeles CA. Lifelong MAC and logic user but recently got a HP laptop with pro tools 12.5 I believe. Focusrite scarlett 4i4 into Studio monitors.
So far I get sound, it recognizes the interface, I can record and it plays back, which leads me to believe all my in/outs are set correct.

However. If I create a click track no sound come out of the click?

Also when playing I hear the clean signal going in to the interface simultaneously as the plug in sound?....But when playing back I only hear the correct plug in sound?

Anybody might have any ideas of faulty settings I might have or any other input I would greatly appreciate it.

Stefan
Hi Stefan, welcome to this super community! I call it that because this is where I learned (and am still learning) almost everything I know about PT.

I'm not too sure if I fully understand your problem. Is your click track an instrument track with the click plugin inserted? Are you playing an acoustic instrument (by that I mean guitar, electric bass, trumpet, voice etc)? Or are you playing through a VI (Xpand, Kontakt etc)?
Old 05-07-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbrunn View Post
Hi Stefan, welcome to this super community! I call it that because this is where I learned (and am still learning) almost everything I know about PT.

I'm not too sure if I fully understand your problem. Is your click track an instrument track with the click plugin inserted? Are you playing an acoustic instrument (by that I mean guitar, electric bass, trumpet, voice etc)? Or are you playing through a VI (Xpand, Kontakt etc)?

I go to the track pull down menu and choose click track at the bottom. I/O is no input, out 1-2. The track has a green header. Not sure if that is instrument or midi or whatever.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:29 PM

Make sure the click track sound is on. Check the button on the transport window with a picture of a metronome on it or press numeric 7
Old 05-07-2020, 03:34 PM

Are the Conductor and Metronome on(in blue)?
Attached Images
File Type: png click.png (21.6 KB, 0 views)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-07-2020, 04:39 PM

yah. Everything you guys mentioned are clicked in???? Im so sick of it already, haha