Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Default Quick Ilok question

I own 2 iloks ( old green ones ) . The first one has all of my licenses , PT. 9 ect..ect.. and is registered to my account ilok account . The second one is an ilok that I received with a 003 that I had purchased . It has a few licenses that I would like to keep that I did not previously own like the VOCE Bundle and Syncronic . I have the account name and password for the 2nd ilok but it;s not under my account . Currently I have them both plugged in and would like to consolidate them onto 1 ilok
My question is
if I buy a new ilok will I be able to transfer both iloks to that ilok for free ? Does that fall into their 7 day grace period or will this only work for 1 ilok and not the other ? Thank you
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Quick Ilok question

You probably don't need to buy another iLok(unless you really want the cool new one). But since you have licenses from 2 accounts, you would need to pay the transfer fee to move stuff between 2 accounts(IIRC). I am in a similar but worse position as I bought a used MPTK2 but screwed up the transfer, so that asset is on an iLok that I can't log onto as I didn't get that info from the former owner, so I have an ilok that works, but I can't access it or transfer it oh well.....In any case, I have 3 iloks. I transferred my Factory plugins to my main ilok(free as both are registered to me), so now I have an empty ilok(in a drawer for a spare). The MPTK iLok(now in a box with the software as PT9 makes it mostly needless) and my main iLok(which I am paying the ZDT fee on). Not ideal, but totally workable

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Quick Ilok question

I haven't done this, but can't you put a new iLok onto the account that you want to move syncronic and voce from, move the licenses to that iLok then remove that iLok from your account and add it to your existing account? That would allow you to consolidate the licenses on one ilok.

EJ or someone with experience in license moves would be able to answer better than me.. As I understand it though, you can do it.

The only caveat that I would add would be for the licenses that require manufacturer approval.. ie: sonnox, waves, etc...
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!